Galaxy Trucker» Forums » General

Subject: If Someone Likes This Game..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
....What other games would you recommend? I gave my copy away to somebody who isn't a gamer at all, they just loved Galaxy Trucker. Bearing that in mind, are there other games you might recommend? They also liked Kingsburg, so they have that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
steveg700 wrote:
....What other games would you recommend? I gave my copy away to somebody who isn't a gamer at all, they just loved Galaxy Trucker. Bearing that in mind, are there other games you might recommend? They also liked Kingsburg, so they have that too.

Factory Fun

Space Alert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is unique, and I can't think of any other dexterity/tactical/push-your-luck game out there that can compare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steveg700 wrote:

Goblins, Inc. has a similar building mechanism and it's from CGE as well. It's not as exciting as GT so try before you buy.

Space Cadets: Dice Duel has the same hectic urgency as GT and it's highly recommended everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoboRally is the only game I've played that has a similar feel. Though it is a very different game and a game with more chaos, it has a similar pacing in terms of a frantic planning stage followed by enjoying watching the fruits of your labor unfold (or unfurl).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete K
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
new reviews: Bargain Hunter, Sushi Go
mbmbmbmbmb
There's Mondo, which has a similar real-time tile arrangement phase. It has a more orderly Euro-style scoring and may be more nongamer- or kid-friendly. My kids really enjoy GT, however, but they also like Mondo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.