Hide
6 Posts

One Night Ultimate Werewolf» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who is on team werewolf? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Mullaney
msg tools
If your beginning role is a werewolf, are you always on team werewolf at the end?

There was some debate in a group I was in that if you started as a werewolf but your card was swapped by the troublemaker or robber at night, that you might be on team villager at the end. This seemed unlikely to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your group was right. Your side at end game is determined by the card in front of you at that time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your role is the one that you ended up with. Whatever you claim to have been your 'original' role, by the time the game ends, it can only be verified if the rest of the players are honest and remember all their actions correctly.

This is an important part of the game because, in general, no one can be confident that their original role is still correct.

Besides, if you have two players and one switches the wolf and a villager, would you really want three of the four players to be on the wolf team?

Gamenight has a good playthrough video about the game. Try watching that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The bread and butter of ONUWW is the possibility that you no longer are on the team you started with. That is the biggest reason for everyone to lie and withhold information until they are fairly certain who to vote for (but not necessarily to know in what team they are now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
Mullaney wrote:
If your beginning role is a werewolf, are you always on team werewolf at the end?

There was some debate in a group I was in that if you started as a werewolf but your card was swapped by the troublemaker or robber at night, that you might be on team villager at the end. This seemed unlikely to me.

No, you are on the team of whatever card you have at the end of the night. This means, if a wolf was swapped with a villager, he'll want to announce it to everyone and try and get one of people who end up as wolves lynched.

Yes, it seems broken at first, but it's really not. The wolf doesn't know he's been switched, the troublemaker might be lying (or the other wolf), and the villager might counterclaim him. There's all kinds of other ways that this doesn't break the game, but start playing with your friends, be willing to tell some lies, no matter what team you started as, and you'll soon start seeing the possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind that in order to find out what team you're on, you'll want to figure out what's happening during the night. However, because anything you say may be used against you, it's wise not to be completely honest.

You can see a sample Game Night game at http://youtu.be/HOKrHxURskw?t=25m46s

The third one is my favorite. I recommend watching the day phase (discussion) first, make your guesses, and then go back and check what happened during the night phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.