Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I totally understood this game, but once we started playing I'm not so sure. How exactly do the actions work?
How we played: take both actions and only pay for the space you land on and/or battle AFTER you've completed both actions on your card.

Now I wonder, is that wrong? If you have a card with two movements, do you pay for the space you land on after EACH movement? It seems people will be moving backwards on the very first turn if that's the case.
If your first movement lands you on a food space and you have no food, do you have to move backwards, even if your second action is to collect food?
If your first movement ends you on someone else's space, do you battle before taking your second movement?

Such a a simple game is throwing me for a loop a bit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
FranklinT wrote:
How we played: take both actions and only pay for the space you land on and/or battle AFTER you've completed both actions on your card.
From my reading, this is wrong: you complete each action separately. Because of this, each of your other questions is quite simply answered.

FranklinT wrote:
Now I wonder, is that wrong? If you have a card with two movements, do you pay for the space you land on after EACH movement?
Yes.

FranklinT wrote:
It seems people will be moving backwards on the very first turn if that's the case.
The rulebook states that you have to make an entire lap around for it to count.

FranklinT wrote:
If your first movement lands you on a food space and you have no food, do you have to move backwards, even if your second action is to collect food?
Yes. This is actually an example in the rulebook, IIRC.

FranklinT wrote:
If your first movement ends you on someone else's space, do you battle before taking your second movement?
You battle before you pay the costs for the space and before you take your second movement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the rule book says you battle "after you've completed movement", it means after you've completed "each" movement, I suppose? We treated a double movement as one continuous movement, which felt wrong, I admit.

So, to help my family understand, is this accurate to say? "Treat each action on your card as two completely separate turns which you take one after the other. Resolve any space you land on before doing your second action." If that's the case, I reckon the rule book could have said such for dummies like me.

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FranklinT wrote:
When the rule book says you battle "after you've completed movement", it means after you've completed "each" movement, I suppose? We treated a double movement as one continuous movement, which felt wrong, I admit.

So, to help my family understand, is this accurate to say? "Treat each action on your card as two completely separate turns which you take one after the other. Resolve any space you land on before doing your second action." If that's the case, I reckon the rule book could have said such for dummies like me.

Thanks for your help!

That's it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Seems obvious now, but somehow didn't before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, this was my first question when we played. I'm surprised it isn't more clear in the rules for such an easy to learn game. Fun game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.