Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Lost Battles» Forums » General

Subject: Future in relation to WTID rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hey folks!

Just wanted to quickly gather some input on any news regarding a possible future reprint of the game.

I know this is a common question that pops up every now and then, but considering that Where There Is Discord: War in the South Atlantic has recently received the re-print treatment, I guess it is now more feasible than ever.

Anyone got some insider knowledge if this is a possibility?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Sabin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
I fear that the WTID and LB production processes are separate, and there is no likelihood of a LB reprint in the foreseeable future. The LB rules and charts are still available and are selling steadily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pagsab wrote:
I fear that the WTID and LB production processes are separate, and there is no likelihood of a LB reprint in the foreseeable future. The LB rules and charts are still available and are selling steadily.

Thank you very much for the response!

I am in fact about to close a deal for a LB copy at about 300USD, quite a big hole in the gaming treasury but I've been really behind this one for quite some time.

So what I'd be eager to know now is... in case of a re-print in the longer term... what can be expected? Would it be a straight up re-print?

- Would new features be added?
- In the previous edition, was there anything to improve upon or added?

As far as I understand the Fifth Column Edition was errata-free and is very well regarded, but I'd feel somewhat sad if it is forseeable that a new edition down the road would have content un-available to owners of the previous edition.

Thank you again Philip for your insights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Sabin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Since I cannot foresee circumstances in which a reprint will be practical at all (not least because of lack of time), it is hard to answer such a hypothetical question. My strong advice would be to obtain a used copy if one comes up at a reasonable price, and not wait for a reprint which is unlikely ever to occur.

Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Note taken, will keep it in mind.

But LB has been my number one holy grail game for so long... So considering the above, I think I might just go ahead with the luxury treatment of getting a shrink wrapped copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.