Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


The (very busy) board shows 5 islands divided into a total of 12 regions, connected to one another by a die showing value 1-6. Regions are in one of 4 colors and can provide resources (wood, stone, sand, offering) if you have a hut there. Each region has a randomly chosen fish token (one of 3 types, value 1-6 VP) associated with it. There is also:
- a typical Feld turn order track (but this resets every game round), a priest track (spaces 1-6, with a stack of 6 god tiles nearby)
- a 4x6 grid of randomly chosen jewelery (each priced 1-5 clams and worth 1-9VP; a column of 4 used for each of the 6 rounds of the game)
- space for up to 6 task tiles (randomly chosen)
- space for up to 6 man tiles
- space for up to 6 woman tiles

Players have individual boards with:
- 12 village spaces, with 2-11 having 1 village token and 12 having 2 village tokens
- a 3x4 grid of spaces marked with the 3 building materials. 6 1x2 planks numbered 1-6 are placed below this area
- space for 3 current tasks (start the game with 1 random one chosen from a set of easy tasks) and completed tasks

SETUP

- A set of action tiles (5-7 depending on player count) is placed nearby; these are where the dice will be placed to choose an action.
- Create a card display like Ticket to Ride: 5 face up; when players choose a card, may take either from top of deck or from display, which is immediately replenished.
- Place n+2 task, man, and woman tiles on the board in the appropriate spaces
- Give each player
... 2 god cards (5 colors, each with a different power; may use 2 matching cards as a wild card)
... 2 offerings (required to play a god card)
... 1 god tile (functions as an offering + a wild god card)
... 4 priesteeples
... 3d6 in their color
... 1 easy (light green) task tile and 2 random task tiles
... a random turn order tile (1-4 based on player count)

At the start of the game, players (in reverse turn order) each place a village token (taken in numerical order from their player boards) in a different one of the 4 1-fish regions. Collect the appropriate resource and place it on player board in a matching space.

ROUND SEQUENCE
Each of the 6 rounds plays in a sequence of phases. God cards may be played at various times to modify the basic rules; must spend an offering token to do so (or, play a god tile instead of a card and offering).

Phase A
- players roll their dice simultaneously.
- in player order, place one die on an action tile to take the action immediately. The die must be lower than any die already present. You may play a blue god card to break that rule and place any die. You may also play a white god card (on a die you just placed) to treat the die as a 6 when determining the strength of the action. The actions include:
... expand by land or sea (may use a route valued less than or equal to the die you place); place your next available village in the region, near the fish token (any village in the region remains there, but yours will be closest to the fish token); if you play a red god card, score the VP on the fish token immediately
... choose a man or woman tile in a space numbered less than or equal to your die; place on your board in an empty space (i.e., without a village token there)
... place one of your priests on the priest track in a space number equal to or less than your die; if a priest is already there, displace it one space lower (may cause chain reaction; tokens displaced off the 1-space are returned to the player)
... build one of your 1x2 planks with a number no higher than your die
... use the pips on your die to buy additional god cards, acquire resources, or use the 1-time powers of your men (advance along the turn order track) or women (earn clams)
Several of these actions give you a fire action: take either a god card or an offering, AND either a clam or one advancement on the turn order track.
- Alternatively, may place your die on a space on the board (essentially discarding the die this round) for 2 VP.

Phase B
In turn order, players use one of their man-powers and one of their woman-powers. Playing a green god card allows you to either use a third power, or double the power of one of the man- or woman- powers you used. These powers can do a variety of things (e.g., allow you to collect an additional man/woman, expand by land/sea, advance on the turn order track, build a plank). If you have several men or women with the same power, may combine them to increase the strength (e.g., if 2 men each allow you to expand over sea with power 2, may combine them to expand over sea with power 4); however men and women never combine with the opposite gender.

Phase C
- Turn Order: players earn VP according to their place on the track. Then, immediately adjust the turn order and reset everyone's markers to the 0 space.
- Priest Track: priesteeples earn 1, 2, or 3 VP each (for rounds 1-2, 3-4, 5-6). The player with the most priests (ties broken by higher numbered priest) earns a god tile. These STAY on the board in their current positions.
- Jewelery: in the new turn order, may spend clams to acquire ONE of the jewels in the column for the current round; any unpurchased jewels are removed from the game
- Task Tiles: in turn order, players either complete ONE of their tasks (e.g., show a specific combination of god cards in hand, have villages in specific regions of the board, have purchased specific jewels) or discard a task. May play a yellow god card to complete a task where you are one item short (e.g., you only have 2 rings instead of the required 3 rings). Completed tasks score you 6VP; partially-completed tasks played with yellow god card score 4FP; discarded tasks are worth 0VP. Immediately chose a replacement task from the display on the board.

At the end of the round:
- remove all remaining jewelery (for the current round), task tiles, man- and woman- tiles from the board; replace with new tiles from supply
- retrieve your dice
- Repeat

END OF GAME
- On the 6th round, players may complete ALL their remaining task tiles
- Score bonus VP for a variety of conditions (e.g., having played all your villages, bought 6 jewels, completed 9 tasks, built all 6 planks, filled all 12 spaces of your resource collection area, acquired 12 men/women)
Most VP wins!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YANG CC
msg tools
Quote:
Phase C
- Jewelery: in the new turn order, may spend clams to acquire ONE of the jewels in the column for the current round; any unpurchased jewels are removed from the game


I wonder that in the phase, each player can buy at most ONE of the jewels ?? If someone doesn't do it, can the left jewels still be bought by others??
Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slinbody wrote:
Quote:
Phase C
- Jewelery: in the new turn order, may spend clams to acquire ONE of the jewels in the column for the current round; any unpurchased jewels are removed from the game


I wonder that in the phase, each player can buy at most ONE of the jewels ?? If someone doesn't do it, can the left jewels still be bought by others??
Thank you.

Any unpurchased jewels may be bought by players later in turn order, but at the end of the round they are removed from the game (just like the still remaining men, women, and task tiles).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
butik man
msg tools
snoozefest wrote:
slinbody wrote:
Quote:
Phase C
- Jewelery: in the new turn order, may spend clams to acquire ONE of the jewels in the column for the current round; any unpurchased jewels are removed from the game


I wonder that in the phase, each player can buy at most ONE of the jewels ?? If someone doesn't do it, can the left jewels still be bought by others??
Thank you.

Any unpurchased jewels may be bought by players later in turn order, but at the end of the round they are removed from the game (just like the still remaining men, women, and task tiles).


This is wrong. You can buy at most ONE Jewelery tile per round
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
butik wrote:
snoozefest wrote:
slinbody wrote:
Quote:
Phase C
- Jewelery: in the new turn order, may spend clams to acquire ONE of the jewels in the column for the current round; any unpurchased jewels are removed from the game


I wonder that in the phase, each player can buy at most ONE of the jewels ?? If someone doesn't do it, can the left jewels still be bought by others??
Thank you.

Any unpurchased jewels may be bought by players later in turn order, but at the end of the round they are removed from the game (just like the still remaining men, women, and task tiles).


This is wrong. You can buy at most ONE Jewelery tile per round

Imagine Players 1, 2, 3, and 4 playing in order.
Player 1 passes, leaving 4 unpurchased jewels
Player 2 may buy any of them. But he chooses to pass.
Player 3 may now buy any of the "left jewels". She buys one.
Player 4 may now buy any of the 3 remaining "unpurchased jewels". He does.
It's now the end of the round: the last 2 jewels are removed from the game.

So no, my statement is not wrong. It was not quite complete, though. I should have clarified that any are available for purchase, but you may only buy one on your turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.