Hide
1 Posts

Wallenstein (first edition)» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
And now to the main event – Wallenstein. Everybody really likes this one, it’s a great combination of German game and wargame. The players were Corwin, Joe, Shari and I. Shari was the only one who was new to the game.

Shari and I both did well in the first year, with an expansionist strategy. We both attacked a few neutral countries and took over a couple of player countries that were on the weak side. Joe lost a country in Brandenburg due to a revolt – this cost him not only the country but also the building he had done there. At the end of the first year, Shari and I were tied for the lead.

Year One (Countries + Buildings + Bonus = Total)

Rick – 9 + 5 + 9 = 23
Shari – 10 + 5 + 8 = 23
Corwin – 7 + 4 + 4 = 15
Joe – 6 + 4 + 2 = 12

In the second year the battles escalated to a whole new level. Piles of armies were thrown into enemy countries (and into the tower). We all made incursions into others territories as we tried to grab territory and buildings. Joe made a few strategic invasions and ended the game with the most countries, but it wasn’t enough to stop the rest of us. Both Corwin and I made out well with the bonuses. In the second year, our scores were much closer.

Year Two (Countries + Buildings + Bonus = Total)

Rick – 7 + 9 + 9 = 25
Shari – 7 + 9 + 6 = 22
Corwin – 7 + 7 + 9 = 23
Joe – 9 + 8 + 5 = 22

In the final reckoning, both Shari and my first year score put us over Corwin and Joe. I was able to squeak by Shari for the win by three points.

Total (Year One + Year Two = Total)

*Rick* - 23 + 25 = 58
Shari – 23 + 22 = 55
Corwin – 15 + 23 = 38
Joe – 12 + 22 = 34

Props to Shari for doing so well in her first game! We did talk a lot about the game afterwards – the mark of a great game. I didn’t remember to get ratings for this but I’d suspect they’d be easily be 8s or 9s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.