Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook it states that when enrage is revealed on an encounter card you put a time marker on it..
That means that enrage is stacking with a possible future enrage encounter card?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enrage is a mechanic that makes the encounter harder the longer you participate in it.

Whenever a card tells you to add enrage ("ENRAGE +1" for example), you add one time marker to the current encounter. Some effects in this encounter may call for enrage value, for example dealing damage equal to enrage +1. This means, you take the current enrage value, accumulated through battle, and add one more to it, in order to determine how much damage is dealt.

Enrage can equal zero, just threat is as such.
Remember the order of the AI card, from top to bottom. It may be important to add enrage before applying effect using its value.
There is no limit to how much enrage may be accumulated during one encounter, and it stacks with itself.
You reset the enrage value after winning an encounter, it's not used during adventuring on the map, and every battle starts with it equal to zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avdima wrote:
Enrage is a mechanic that makes the encounter harder the longer you participate in it.

Whenever a card tells you to add enrage ("ENRAGE +1" for example), you add one time marker to the current encounter. Some effects in this encounter may call for enrage value, for example dealing damage equal to enrage +1. This means, you take the current enrage value, accumulated through battle, and add one more to it, in order to determine how much damage is dealt.

Enrage can equal zero, just threat is as such.
Remember the order of the AI card, from top to bottom. It may be important to add enrage before applying effect using its value.
There is no limit to how much enrage may be accumulated during one encounter, and it stacks with itself.
You reset the enrage value after winning an encounter, it's not used during adventuring on the map, and every battle starts with it equal to zero.

Thanks for the immidiate response although Im not sure if Im getting this right...
So lets say I draw a card with enrage + 1, and after a few turns in the same battle I draw another one, that stacks and doubles the damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
athibor wrote:
Thanks for the immidiate response although Im not sure if Im getting this right...
So lets say I draw a card with enrage + 1, and after a few turns in the same battle I draw another one, that stacks and doubles the damage?

Enrage is just a number, whenever a card is telling you to add enrage, add it to the previous total.

If, for example, in first round you draw a card with ENRAGE +1, you now have enrage equaling one. On the next round, you draw another card with ENRAGE +1, that makes it a total of two enrage. On third round, we have another ENRAGE +1, bringing the enrage value up to three.

Now, after these three round of accumulating enrage, if we draw a card that instructs us to deal one hero damage equal to enrage +1, he is dealt four damage total. Three from the enrage value, one from the passive modifier.

This is a completely abstract example.

Enrage equals zero at the start of each encounter, you change its value whenever a card instructs you to do so, and by default, you mark this value with time markers, because there are a lot of them unused during battles, making it a handy supporting resource
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
its perfectly clear now!!! thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
athibor wrote:
its perfectly clear now!!! thanks!!!

I am happy to be of service

English is not my primary language, sometimes I fail to explain clearly. Words so hard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.