Subject: Please explain the dice, like i'm a 5-year old... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... My amazing girlfriend gave me this game for christmas and I'm enjoying reading the rules. But the dice seems to be a bit confusing to me. Not sure if it's the christmas overeating or just plain old stupidity on my part, but please explain them to me.

White and Black are defense dice The white has either dodge, block or evade (or nothing) as results, but two sides show both the block and the evade symbol. Does that mean that I've rolled both a block and an evade or that I can choose between the two results?

The yellow, red, green and blue dice are attack dice. Some of them have more than one symbol on them and others have numbers on them. Others again has numbers and symbols on them, and for total confusion some even has numbers and two different types of symbols on them?!?

Yellow dice: the number one + two damage symbols = ???
Yellow dice: one damage symbol + two surge symbols = ???
Yellow dice: the number one + one damage symbol + 1 surge symbol = ???
Red dice: two damage symbols + one surge symbol = ???
Green dice: the number one + one damage symbol + 1 surge symbol = ???
Green dice: the number one + two damage symbols = ???
Green dice: the number two + two damage symbols = ???
Green dice: the number two + one damage symbol + one surge symbol = ???
Green dice: the number three + two damage symbols = ???
Blue dice: the number three + one damage symbol + one surge symbol = ???
Blue dice: the number three + two damage symbols = ???
Blue dice: the number four + two damage symbols = ???

Here is what I think it means, but please correct me:

When the dice has no number, but only symbols, the result is what is shown. That means, that if you roll one damage + two surge on a yellow die, then the result is one damage and two surges?

When the dice has a number and only one type of symbol, then the result is the number times the symbol. That means that if you roll the number four + two damage symbols on a blue die, the result is 4 damage?

When the dice has a number and two different symbols, then you can choose whatever combination of the two symbols you want. That means that if you roll the number 2 + one damage symbol + one surge symbol on a green die, you can choose which two results you want (one damage + one surge/two damages/two surges)?

Am I getting this right?!?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The number is accuracy. You need to roll # atleast equal to how far away you are shooting an enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YP
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
The numbers only have to do with ranged attacks; you have to at least match the range from attacker to defender to be able to hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dennis Godballe wrote:
Does that mean that I've rolled both a block and an evade or that I can choose between the two results?

Both apply, not a choice.

Dennis Godballe wrote:
When the dice has no number, but only symbols, the result is what is shown. That means, that if you roll one damage + two surge on a yellow die, then the result is one damage and two surges?

When the dice has a number and only one type of symbol, then the result is the number times the symbol. That means that if you roll the number four + two damage symbols on a blue die, the result is 4 damage?

When the dice has a number and two different symbols, then you can choose whatever combination of the two symbols you want. That means that if you roll the number 2 + one damage symbol + one surge symbol on a green die, you can choose which two results you want (one damage + one surge/two damages/two surges)?

Okay, you really need to get out your Learn to Play guide and read page 6 - Attack. It explains all symbols and how to use the numbers. Read it and read it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tutorial does a great job of explaining things like the dice. Also...

Take the dice out of your mouth.

Don't put the dice in your mouth.

Don't throw the dice at your little sister.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DON'T TOUCH THOSE DICE. GO TO YOUR ROOM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Davis
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
One die, two die, red die, blue die...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Peters
Canada
Vanderhoof
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one has a little car, this one has a little star...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
martimer wrote:

Don't throw the dice at your little sister.

It is meaner and more fun to throw your little sister at the dice. Bah humbug to all mankind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spugnoid wrote:
This one has a little car, this one has a little star...

And this one has a Jar-Jar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't play. This is daddy's game and these are daddy's dice. Go bother your mother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.