Andrew Torrens
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
If my spell targets the foe on my left and right, and there's only one opponent left, does that opponent get hit twice? What about the two foes on your left?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it were any other game, I would probably say no, but this is Epic Spell Wars, so I think the answer is yes, it is a double whammy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going left around the table you hit your one opponent, going right around the table you again hit your one opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It's a no. A single spell that looks for something won't see the same player twice.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
It's a no. A single spell that looks for something won't see the same player twice.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

That was my thought too, and how we've played.

It's just trying to determine targets. You can't target someone with the same spell, cast once, two times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this include spells that activate multiple times (e.g. deal 2 damage to foe. Repeat this effect for each symbol used in the spell)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That can hit the same foe multiple times, as each resolves separately and it a choice of foe each time.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Makes certain spells pretty devastating in a 2 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.