Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the changes between Alhambra and this game? Are the components similar enough I could use the Boardgame to play this one by just skipping the whole building a garden thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, the components are identical, except for the fact that they are cards instead of tiles. So yes, you can easily play 'the card game' with regular Alhambra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
zenpunk wrote:
yes, the components are identical, except for the fact that they are cards instead of tiles.

Not quite; the tiles have walls (and orientation) that make for the difference in gameplay.

Quote:
So yes, you can easily play 'the card game' with regular Alhambra.

This is true, but there's a reason Alhambra won the SdJ, and Stimmt So languished for years, until the brand-extension brought about the release of the card game in it's various flavors.

Alhambra is a noticably better game than Stimmt So/the card game; Stimmt So is flat, and outstays its welcome by a fair bit. (Note that I generally only play Alhambra with 3 players, rarely 4, and avoid 5-6 like the plague.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
zenpunk wrote:
yes, the components are identical, except for the fact that they are cards instead of tiles.

Not quite; the tiles have walls (and orientation) that make for the difference in gameplay.

Well I was thinking of trying Stimmt So just for the heck of it, especially if all I have to do is ignore the walls and tile placement aspect of Alhambra proper (even if its not as good a game, it seems worth a try just for historical purposes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Right. That's one of the reasons I bought Stimmt So.

It's worth a try; you might love it; I know at least one person that strongly prefers it to Alhambra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:

Right... I just meant base Alhambra has all the identical components needed to play the card game. The inverse is not true... you can't play base Alhambra with the card game cards (although I've considered drawing the walls on the cards to make a fully deck version of base Alhambra for travel)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.