Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone remove the top card(the lowest number card in the pile)from one post pile to another post pile. So they could play the second highest card from the original pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you cannot but I don't have the rules in front of me to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pierce
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say you can do it to build from the blitz pile onto a post pile, but I don't see how that is so radically different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked with my niece who says you can and she's an avid Dutch Blitz player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sixtoedcat wrote:
Can someone remove the top card(the lowest number card in the pile)from one post pile to another post pile?

The Dutch Blitz rules only state:

"If a player desires, he may build from his Blitz Pile, Wood Pile, or from any one of his Post Pile cards, onto any other of his Post Pile cards..."

The accompanying illustration gives an example of moving a Post Pile consisting of one card onto another Post Pile, so that another card may be taken from the Blitz Pile as a replacement. So the rules don't specifically address the question of whether you can move a card that is the lowest number of a stack to another Post Pile.

It is also not quite clear from the rulebook whether you may move a Post Pile consisting of multiple cards onto another Post Pile, but we have always played that it was allowed. Moving an entire stack is a legal play in many solitaire card games that operate in a similar manner (e.g. Canfield/Klondike), and that's also how the equivalent game with standard playing cards works (Nerts), so we figured it is legal here too. But given that you're only supposed to be using one hand, maybe it's not the intent to allow this. (NB: see also another thread here which discusses this question.)

Note that the Ligretto rules are different from Dutch Blitz in that they only allow you to play to the Post Piles from your Blitz pile (10 card stack) or from your Wood pile (hand), and not from one Post Pile to another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted the publisher of the game and asked for an official answer. The short answer is that yes, these are legal plays.

Here is the question I asked:
Quote:
I have two questions about moving cards from one post pile to another that the rules don't address, and I would appreciate some official clarification so that I can share the answer with other gamers.

The rules state that you can build on a post pile in descending order with alternating boy/girl cards, and that to do this you can play a card from your blitz pile, your wood pile, or another post pile. The example for moving from another post pile shows moving a single card from a post pile consisting of just one card onto another post pile (e.g. a 4 onto a 5). But how about these two situations:

1. Moving a stack from one post pile onto another post pile - for example:
Post Pile 1: Red 10
Post Pile 2: Yellow 9, Blue 8, Yellow 7
May I legally move the entire stack of three cards (with Yellow 9 on the bottom) from Post Pile 2 onto the Red 10 on Post Pile 1?

2. Moving a single card from the bottom of a stack onto another post pile - for example:
Post Pile 2: Yellow 9, Blue 8, Yellow 7
Post Pile 3: Red 8
May I legally move the Yellow 7 from Post Pile 2 onto the Red 8 on Post Pile 3, so that I can get access to and play the Blue 8?

Or is the only time you may move a card from one post pile to another when that post pile consists of a single card only?

The official answer I received was the following:
Quote:
As long as you maintain the boy, girl sequence, you can make the move that you described.

Mary Fisher
Dutch Blitz Game Co

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Girard
msg tools
If I may, I have been looking for the answer to this "move an entire post pile to another post pile" question in many places. I have read some posts from the Dutch blitz game company stating that this move is legal(so the game maker says go ahead and move that post pile).

However, I would like to point users back to the original game documentation, to the 'Rules to be Observed' section under 'General', clearly states 2 things:

1) A player cannot pick up more than one card at a time during play from any of his card piles. - only being able to pick up one card at a time makes it pretty hard to move a post pile of 2+ cards doesn't it?

2) Players may not use both hands to play their cards. Try picking up a 4 or 5 card post pile with one hand and not make a big mess. Those with big hands would have a clear advantage, if it weren't for rule #1.

Games are meant to be fun and you are certainly free to make your own rules so long as all the players agree to them.

Just pointing out that I believe the official game rules state this move is illegal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.