Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Province» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Part of the 2014 Challenge to Play 10 Games (in this case Province) 10 Times rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

meeple Province: 15/9 16/9 28/10 28/10 28/10 26/12 26/12 26/12 26/12 26/12

15/9: Played my first game of Province and I was initially confused as to how to win the game. Then I realised it was the positioning of the workers so that you can get what you want while denying your opponent to get what they need to complete the objectives.

I find that it is best to secure the additional labor from the start. This will give you an advantage to the buildings that can be built.

16/9: The other way it would seemed is to get additional workers from the set. The workers while not constantly generating a labor at each turn, will allow you to potentially generate cash which is worth 2 labor.

I this to be a short mini filler that is probably good to play while waiting for the rest of the gamers to arrive. However, I would think this is an average 2 player game.

28/10: Been a while since I last played this. So for the first game I built the Camp. Then utilizing that I built the Village next. By this point, I completed 2 of the objectives which was to have 5 coins and 10 coins.

The next thing I build was the Harbour, followed by the Mill then the Smithy. I scored for the next objective to grind twice. The opponent then scored for the next objective which was to grind twice.

The final objective was to spend 4 coins, which I did buy building the Union.

For the second game, I decided to try something different. I first built the Mill. Then I build the Camp and the Lender. Frankly, I do not see how useful the Lender can be. I then scored by first 2 objectives, which are to spend 4 coins and to grind twice.

By now I have the Village out too. The opponent then scored the next objective by having 3 workers in the same space. The next turn then have been scoring the next objective which is to end my turn with 5 coins. The last objective was to generate 5 labor in the turn, which I did and then I built the Smithy after that.

In the end I would with 9 gems and 4 objectives.

The last game we played had the first objective to build 4 structures, which I completed by building the Camp, the Mill, the Village then the Harbor. I then scored immediately the next objective which was to have 2 Green workers beside the Yellow worker.

The third objective is to generate 5 labors in one turn. which the opponent manage to score. I then scored for generating 4 labors and grinding them into 2 coins as well as owning 2 buildings that are worth 2 gems each.

Won the round with 7 gems and 4 objectives.

26/12: Didn't expect this to be the final game to complete my hardcore challenge. So here we go for the last 5 times to finish this.

For the first game, the first objective was to own 4 structures, I started by building the Camp first. Next I built a mill, a village and a lender to get all 4 structures out first.

The next objective was to end the turn with 5 coins. Which I succeeded to reveal that the next object to have 3 workers at the same spot, since at that point 5 of my workers were there, I completed that objective too!

I missed the 4th objective but got the final objective which was to have 10 coins at any point in time, I had 11 coins by then. Since I have only 1 hammer, I could not built anything. The game ended with 7 gems in my favor and 4 gems for the opponent.

For the second game, the first objective is to spend 4 coins in a turn. I did that by first building the camp then saving to build the village next.

The next objective was to own 4 structures. This I failed to complete as my opponent had already the camp, the mill, the lender and proceeded to build the harbor to get that objective.

The subsequent objective was to have 10 coin at any point of your turn. I got that first to then reveal the next objective which was to own 2 structures that are 2 victory points each. That was not possible for me on my turn since I had too much cash and not enough labor. I ended my turn which 3 hammers and 10 coins, which I converted to 1 labor and 11 coins.

The next turn then allowed me to get the smithy out to get the objective. The final objective is to grind twice in a turn which I got to do it but ended my turn with 11 coins and nothing else I could do. I got the win with 9 victory points compared to the 4 victory points that my opponent got.

The third game started with the objective to generate 5 labor in a turn. I first built the mill then the camp. The opponent was able to generate the 5 labor before me. The next objective is to get 10 coins at any point of your turn. This I was able to achieve with 2 labor and 10 coins.

I then build the lender since the next objective is to own 4 structures. This objective I was then able to achieve by building the village. The next objective was then to grind twice in a turn which I was able to do. The final objective was in my favor since after grinding I have 6 coins. The objective was to end the turn with 5 coins. Hence winning the game.

The fourth game started with the need to have 3 workers at the same spot. I achieve this by first building the camp then leave it with another worker. The next turn I brought 1 more worker in and end the turn to complete the objective.

The next objective is to own 2 buildings that are worth 2 victory points each. I did that by first building the harbor that gave me more labor. Then the smithy and the village, by then the next objective was revealed and scored immediately which was to own 4 structures.

The subsequent objective is to grind twice, this I was able to do by not building any more structures. Fulfilling that, the final objective was to have 5 coins, which I had 7 coins. So the game was won with 8 victory points versus 4 victory points.

The final game of this challenge started with the objective to own 2 buildings that are worth 2 victory points each. I first build the camp, then the mill, then the lender, then the village and the smithy. Thus achieving the objective first.

The next was to generate 5 labor, I was able to do this with the help of the mill and the smithy. I then with 6 labor and 5 coins build the harbor next, leaving me with 2 labor and 1 coin, so I convert the labor to a coin.

Then we need to have 10 coins at any point to fulfill the next objective. I scored this and found that I need to grind twice which I also did with my 4 remaining labor.

The last objective is to spend 4 coins, which I failed to do so. So I had 4 objectives which helped to secure my victory.

You can view here the rest of my challenge progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.