Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Well, after an initial run with my wife, in which we both learned the game, I sat down for a more serious game with Joey.

Starship Cataan is a fun game, and one of the aspects I really enjoy about it is how you can customize your ship, going for the win. Joey got some good resource pulls in the beginning, and began to build modules like a madman. I think a big mistake for me was ignoring the logistics module, while he grabbed the advanced logistics module.

Soon, with his modules and colonies, he had 8 victory points to my two. (Pretty bad)

Meanwhile, I was building boosters on my ship, and had it maxed out in speed. But twice, I flew through an entire stack, missing the last couple cards which were the ones I really needed! Then I built a couple more colonies and trade stations, and was up to 6 victory points - hooray!

However, Joey's building the advanced trade module allowed him to steal the few resources I was getting, and that pretty much shut me down. His taking some more trading outposts also lost me the Friend of the people card, and even though I snagged another colony, Joey won - 10 to 5.

I realized that the speed I had wasn't any good with no guns - pirates stopped me quite a bit. Also, ignoring the logistics module initially really hurt me.

Well, next time Joey dies.... :)

Tom Vasel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.