Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot: RED Booster» Forums » General

Subject: value of red booster? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aurelian
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone care to comment on the value of this? It appears to have sold for high price on ebay, with none currently available there or listed in BGG marketplace. Yet the other coloured boosters seem to go for just $10-20.

I ask because I have a blue starter and red booster, but have never actually played the game. Was thinking to give it to a charity shop but might need to reconsider!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sthill46 wrote:
Anyone care to comment on the value of this? It appears to have sold for high price on ebay, with none currently available there or listed in BGG marketplace. Yet the other coloured boosters seem to go for just $10-20.

I ask because I have a blue starter and red booster, but have never actually played the game. Was thinking to give it to a charity shop but might need to reconsider!
Is the original series OOP? I'm finding a remake/new edition for it. I went through some of those cards with a copy someone else brought in and compared it to what I remember when playing with all the colors (red, blue, purple, metal, wacky khaki, etc.) of a previous edition, and it's mostly the same, perhaps with some more streamlined rules and components. But then, it wouldn't explain why red is such a high price whereas the others don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurelian
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The remake is called Killer Bunnies Conquest (as opposed to Quest in the previous version). It's the original Quest red booster I'm wondering about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike downing
msg tools
Me and family have been playing Killer Bunnies for the past couple months now. I can not get the Red booster and have been searching every day. We would pay up to $30. We feel not having the red deck totally ruins the structure of the game, we would greatly appreciate you heloping us out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Albertsen
United States
Onalaska
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Always stomped, never the stomper...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd give a little insight to this topic.

I manage a board game store and Killer Bunnies and the Quest.... is one of our better selling games. The last time we received a shipment of Red Boosters was about June. They promptly sold out, and since then it has never showed up as in stock or available from any distributors, including Playroom Entertainment itself.

From what I can gather, things are really messed up internally with Playroom Entertainment. My boss told me that two people used to own and operate it, and one of them left. Since then, they've been struggling. The company has something aroudn 4 different phone numbers, and they're all disconnected. I think the later expansions are generally more available because they don't sell quite as well as the earlier ones, especially Red, being the first standalone expansion. There are other games from Playroom, like Unspeakable Words, that we cannot get anymore for the same mysterious reasons.

I can't help but feel like Playroom is on the decline, and until its bought out by someone else who can run it more efficiently, we're stuck with no Red Boosters. Either that, or ceasing production on the Red Booster is just a way for them to get more backers for their Deluxe edition that comes with all expansions, including Red. I hope that's not the case...

So yeah... I realize I didn't answer any questions, but that's just what I've gathered from the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike downing
msg tools
So what do you say? Would you please sell it to us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
My copy is up for trade on BGG if anyone has a game from my wish list they wouldn't mind parting with. Fair trade? Probably not, but it sure beats spending $100+ for a $20 expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Mie Vanderhelst
Belgium
Izegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed them this weekend and allready got a mail back
They were in print as speaking... so they should be in re-stock shortly... at least in the states... I hope for my sake europe will follow too.

Cause the current market price (140 USD) is just way too crazy for something aannouced to cost 12 US Dollar in their own webshop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested, I have my KB set up for sale or trade, including the base game (w/ yellow booster in box) and four boosters (Red, Violet, Orange, and Green).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lawrence gaydos
United States
midwest
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,
what are you looking to trade for? Would you be interested in selling the set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.