Subject: The toll collector rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a nice suggestion how to use the 2 dwarf figures. Many thanks to Wannes Steenhaut, one of my smart playtesters, who gave it to me.

It's only suited for the 2-player game:

When you are playing a path card, you may place your own dwarf figure on that card. Your figure acts in a similar way as the troll. The other player who wants to play cards behind your figure, must pay you on gold. This is indicated by placing a dwarf token with his side up next to your figure.

You may not displace your figure during the round. So, you must try to place it at the right time at the right spot.

Nice idea, isn't?
Feel free to give your feedback on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea, but it's expensive to pay the other player... You loose 1 gold and he gains 1 gold... So you're actually 2 gold behind... Isn't it better if you have to pay the bank? The cards could even go back into the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frederic Moyersoen wrote:
Here is a nice suggestion how to use the 2 dwarf figures.

I made a score track on the back of the top of the box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DraedGhawl wrote:
Interesting idea, but it's expensive to pay the other player... You loose 1 gold and he gains 1 gold... So you're actually 2 gold behind... Isn't it better if you have to pay the bank? The cards could even go back into the deck.

I'm afraid that if you pay to the bank, it's just the same effect as an extra troll.
The purpose of the toll collector is to force your opponent either to pay you, either to make another (longer) path towards the gold cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.