Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son got this game for Christmas. I was on the verge of gluing the minis onto the bases but several pictures here show that people store their miniatures separate from their bases.

So, should I glue them or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
depends on how you want to store and how much time you want to take during setup to find a figure's matching base...If you want to keep everything in the one core box, I'd do a test fit with the minis assembled but not glued to see how it fits.

I personally glued all the figures. they are stored in a single layer in the core box (some base overlap). Nothing else is in there. all expansions' figures fit in there.
The Call of the Wild box holds map tiles, puzzle pieces, and cards.
plano case holds investigators, and all the various tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each monster has several possible bases (cardboard tokens inside the plastic base)--the Keeper is meant to draw one randomly whenever he or she puts a new monster in play, and the stats on the bottom start out as hidden information.

You can accomplish this a few ways. You can glue the minis onto the bases, then insert the cardboard tokens during gameplay; you can keep the cardboard tokens inserted and stick the minis onto the bases during gameplay; or you can keep everything all put together and assume the Keeper won't recognize one mini from another (based on a slightly different pose, etc.) when drawing a monster randomly.

I do Option B, as I find it the easiest, but there's nothing wrong with Options A or C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played my game twice, and I Found that the minis do not fit into the bases "tight" enough for me to pick the figure up and the base stays on. In other words... the bases keep falling off the figure everytime I move them; so I WILL be gluing my bases to the figures. Make sure that "IF" you do decide to glue the figures to the bases, REMOVE the cardboard token from the base BEFORE gluing. That way the cardboard token is still removable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Kopet
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I store bases and minis separate. However the Biahkees (which aren't in the base game) were a pain to get to sit on the bases every time so they are glued on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glue them immediately. In my copy, one or two are stretched-fit and tend to pop off all the time. Same problem with the dunwich horror (?) figure in the expansion. Cyanoacrylate works fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Vjestica
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I removed the MoM bases and set the minis on ordinary ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I R
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
chichiriba wrote:
I removed the MoM bases and set the minis on ordinary ones.

This is exactly what I did. I keep a handful (a few of each size) for the models I haven't glued down are big enough to stand on their own. I found that it's much more surprising for new players for new players for a mini to be dropped on the board right next to the investigator.

Once the mini, or the investigator that it is attacking, have received damage then I let the players see the model's stat token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Vjestica
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not to mention it saves space. The only problem, which has a simple solution, was how to identify models where there is multiple copies of the same. Resolved that by few numbered tokens assigned to already numbered bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't. I've painted my mini's and store them in the same plano box as the chits and tokens. When I need a monster, I just stick it in its appropriate base. Usually, you won't use more than a few monsters.

As for the token, I just put it in front of me, rather than insert it into the base. It's not hard to keep track of which monster has which token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I R
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sam and Max wrote:
I don't. I've painted my mini's and store them in the same plano box as the chits and tokens. When I need a monster, I just stick it in its appropriate base. Usually, you won't use more than a few monsters.

As for the token, I just put it in front of me, rather than insert it into the base. It's not hard to keep track of which monster has which token.

This absolutely cuts down on space. When I bring the game to conventions I bring a few of each base size and leave the rest at home. If I know I'm running a campaign that has the possibility of alot of cultists on the board at the same time then I plan accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Thompson
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Freelance Police, when we play, I just have the square chits sitting in front of me. But I made custom flat bases for the monsters.
Paint the miniatures, and put them on round bases like the investigators.

For the flat monster bases on mine, there are colored dots on the bottom that match a dot on the chits. The players haven't come to the conclusion that certain miniatures have different attributes, or they haven't deemed it necessary to commit it to memory to develop a strategy. If they do, I'll change the colors around.

Small flat bases make the monster minis a ton smaller for storage, and the bases are all done in patterns like the board (wooden floors, carpeting, or tile). It helps them to blend in better with the awesome tile artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.