Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game from an auction a few weeks ago, and am excited to give it a try; I just need to find time.

I've read through the manual a few times, and while I've seen others mention that the manual is poorly written, I found it MOSTLY useful enough, but I do admit there are a few things I have questions about. If these are answered in the rules, could you point me to the rule #, as I checked through a few times and didn't see anything that really clarified them.

#1 - The rules specify that the Terrans get 10 resources for Sol. Does this mean 10 for each planet in Sol? If it's 10 for the whole system, do you get the 10 even if you only control one of the planets?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it's 10 for each planet, but maybe I'm just imagining it.

#2 - The galaxy map has most of the Planetary boxes marked as white ("world") or red ("outpost"). As such, what is the purpose of building outposts? Wouldn't it be if you land on and conquer a planet, it's of the type indicated on the planetary map?

Or do you have to put an "outpost" on that planet for it to count as "yours"? If so, does it count as an "outpost" or as the type indicated by the color of the planetary box?

#3 - Depending on the answer to #2, if any colonized planet is always an "outpost" by default, does this mean you could only upgrade them to worlds in a campaign, during the Interwar phase?

#4 - Some of the scenarios say to place stuff in systems with more than one planet, but doesn't say which one. Does this mean you can choose yourself which one?

Thanks in advance. I may have more when I actually play the game, but I just want to be as ready as I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
sigmazero13 wrote:
I just got this game from an auction a few weeks ago, and am excited to give it a try; I just need to find time.

I've read through the manual a few times, and while I've seen others mention that the manual is poorly written, I found it MOSTLY useful enough, but I do admit there are a few things I have questions about. If these are answered in the rules, could you point me to the rule #, as I checked through a few times and didn't see anything that really clarified them.

#1 - The rules specify that the Terrans get 10 resources for Sol. Does this mean 10 for each planet in Sol? If it's 10 for the whole system, do you get the 10 even if you only control one of the planets?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it's 10 for each planet, but maybe I'm just imagining it.

#2 - The galaxy map has most of the Planetary boxes marked as white ("world") or red ("outpost"). As such, what is the purpose of building outposts? Wouldn't it be if you land on and conquer a planet, it's of the type indicated on the planetary map?

Or do you have to put an "outpost" on that planet for it to count as "yours"? If so, does it count as an "outpost" or as the type indicated by the color of the planetary box?

The color is the "maximum potential" of the planet. In other words, is it Earth-like or more like, oh, Mercury? Mercury may have some valuable minerals, but you aren't going to build up a population of 100,000,000.

Note that if the other player has a "world" marker in place and you conquer the planet, it's still a "world."

sigmazero13 wrote:
#3 - Depending on the answer to #2, if any colonized planet is always an "outpost" by default, does this mean you could only upgrade them to worlds in a campaign, during the Interwar phase?

Only during the Interwar phase. The previous editions were quite explicit.

sigmazero13 wrote:
#4 - Some of the scenarios say to place stuff in systems with more than one planet, but doesn't say which one. Does this mean you can choose yourself which one?

What, you can't sense the designer's psychic waves?

You can place them wherever you want.

sigmazero13 wrote:
Thanks in advance. I may have more when I actually play the game, but I just want to be as ready as I can.

"Avalanche's 2001 version of Imperium (3rd Millennium) is missing Monitor
data on the Production Chart. I wrote Avalanche asking about this and any
other possible errata and received the following reply from Mike Benninghof:

Same as a CL.

Mars gets a Terran outpost in all scenarios."

Chase down some of the alternate rules sets. I have disagreements with most of them, but

Also, be sure to download the "quick combat" variants from the Avalanche Web site (the Valhalla section).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question. The Mandated Offensive table show 7 possible results, but you roll one six sided die (1-6). How do you get a seven.

Also i'm looking for an official, or un official, errata.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.