Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Why not just play with where you only discard a mystic environment if another mystic one is drawn? I'm sure people have play tested this. How does it work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re: Seems weird that only 1 Environment card remains in play
After some games, we opted for such a house rule (mystic replaces mystic, weather replaces weather and urban replaces urban; so you can have up to three Enviroment cards and a Rumor in play at the same time!). We still use it.

The challenge is a bit harder (as usually those Enviroment cards aren't nice) and tracking the cumulative effects of the various cards can be a bit confusing, but it surely generates some "richer" situations to face (overall the game isn't THAT different...).

Since this makes the Enviroment cards last longer than usual, we discard all the Enviroments in play when "the Story Continues" Mythos card is drawn (but it's not the perfect solution yet. Maybe we should discard the Enviroment cards when a Rumor is drawn and not discarded since one is already in play; we'll have to experiment...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Seems weird that only one Environment card remains in pl
How about this. You keep the three different environment cards, only replacing those that match the same type, and keep them in order from most recent to longest in play. Then whenever a gate is drawn that is already at a location, and all the monsters come out, the oldest environment card gets discarded. Of course, if the mythos card is an environment, first replace that one and then discard the new oldest. Oh yeah, and only do this varient if there's more than one environment in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I suppose one can try a variety of "triggers" to discard Enviroments (to balance having up to three of them out).
We've played several times with no special "discard triggers" and the game still works fine, so it's just a matter of tastes and how much you like to experiment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm quite sure that FFG just have it so there's only one environment card in play at a time for simplicities sake. My friends and I have enough trouble remembering the single environment in play, let alone multiple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
I have to second Mathews opinion. Especially the modifiers for sneak-tests are often forgotten. I don´t want to think about how bad it would be, if there were *three* environments in play!
Also, drawing the mystic environment, that doesn´t allow gates to be sealed could quite propably become a "you lose"-card, as it could potentially remain in play for much, much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.