Hide
4 Posts

King of New York» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple card questions (Drain, Curse, Jinx Aura) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
phil pattenden
msg tools
These might be terribly noob questions, so I apologize if so.

Curse- If the monster with the Curse card dies, do monsters that already have the Curse token keep them or would they go away with the dying card holder?

Drain- If you have less than 2 energy, can you still attack monsters with this card and they'd just take 1 or 0 cubes should you have them?

Jinx Aura- I really don't understand this card at all. What does it even do? Other monsters must always use all their rerolls (they still get to choose which dice to reroll). Isn't that what you do anyways? Keep what you want and reroll what you don't? So I really don't see what it does.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, a monster can stop rolling after 1 or 2 rolls if they're satisfied with what's showing on the dice. With Jinx Aura, they must always reroll, even if they like what they rolled before the three rolls are done.

Could you quote the other two cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin OKeefe
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Drain: If you have 0 cubes you can attack without penalty. If you have 1 cube they take that 1 from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the ruling for Curse is up in the air. It seems to me that monsters would keep the tokens, but with the curse card not in play, they don't actually do anything. If someone reacquired curse (say with Scavenger), then the curse tokens would reactivate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.