Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Clash of Cultures: Civilizations» Forums » General

Subject: City District Stickers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Smeding
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Morning

I was a little surprised; why are there no stickers for the Market, Obelisk, and Apothecary for the main player tech-boards?

Do you need to research the first tech in the corresponding Economics, Culture, and Science trees prior to building the new city districts in your cities?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GFireflyE wrote:
Good Morning

I was a little surprised; why are there no stickers for the Market, Obelisk, and Apothecary for the main player tech-boards?

Do you need to research the first tech in the corresponding Economics, Culture, and Science trees prior to building the new city districts in your cities?


You really don't need stickers since it is the top advance in the 3 bottom advances on the board.

And yes you need to learn the stated advances to build these buildings.
Bartering.
Art & Sculpture.
Mathematics.

At least to me they each make sense: Bartering = Market, Obelisk = Art and Sculptures, Mathematics for Apothecary.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
GFireflyE wrote:
Good Morning

I was a little surprised; why are there no stickers for the Market, Obelisk, and Apothecary for the main player tech-boards?

Do you need to research the first tech in the corresponding Economics, Culture, and Science trees prior to building the new city districts in your cities?


You really don't need stickers since it is the top advance in the 3 bottom advances on the board.

And yes you need to learn the stated advances to build these buildings.
Bartering.
Art & Sculpture.
Mathematics.

At least to me they each make sense: Bartering = Market, Obelisk = Art and Sculptures, Mathematics for Apothecary.


While true, it is a PAIN to teach new players. Yes, you'd tell me not to play the with the expansion with new players, but they want to because Leaders and Civs give an identity.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have everyone place a building of the corresponding type onto the advance that unlocks it, and remove it when the advance is researched.
19 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fielmann wrote:
Have everyone place a building of the corresponding type onto the advance that unlocks it, and remove it when the advance is researched.


Well. Now that is a good idea.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
stickers would be nice, nonetheless
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
stickers would be nice, nonetheless


It was considered, but there was no room for one of them... Arts and Sculptures I beleive.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fielmann wrote:
Have everyone place a building of the corresponding type onto the advance that unlocks it, and remove it when the advance is researched.

This
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small minded
marqzen wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:
stickers would be nice, nonetheless


It was considered, but there was no room for one of them... Arts and Sculptures I beleive.
So a sticker with a smaller 'Art & Sculptures' tag escaped consideration?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
The man has spoken, Alan.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smeding
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. Yeah...I noticed that too....difficult to fit the Obelisk under Arts & Sculptures.

I'll tinker with some printouts on sticky-plastic. If it turns out, I'll post pictures.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.