Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Switalski
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When Infiltrating via the NVA in a space-specifically when replacing a VC guerrilla with a NVA guerrilla-does the new NVA guerrilla retain the "state" of the replaced VC guerrilla? That is, when replacing an "active" VC guerrilla-will the new NVA guerrilla have to be "active" as well?

Thanks!
Arthur

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rule 1.4.3 wrote:
Always set up and place new Guerrillas and SF Underground (including if replacing a piece).

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One rule is not clear for me for Infiltrate :
Quote:
If NVA Base(s), place NVA Troops up to the Trail value (6.7) plus the number of NVA Bases there, then replace any NVA Guerrillas
desired 1 for 1 with added NVA Troops

In the bold part of the sentence above, are the "added NVA Troops" part of the NVA Troops just placed there or are they additionnal Troops ?

That's really confusing even if I think that the first assumption is the correct one.

Why not having written something like : If NVA Base(s), place NVA Troops up to the Trail value (6.7) plus the number of NVA Bases there. If desired, these Troops may replace any NVA Guerrillas 1 for 1 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

I too also often wondered what the word "added" does here. The rule is that you may replace any guerrillas with troops regardless of how many troops you just placed. Perhaps "added" was meant to remove the problem you had with interpreting this rule. Or perhaps it means the added troops must come from the available box and not from the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
The "then" separates the two actions. So first you'll add Troops equal to Trail value + Bases. After that, then you can remove any number of Guerrillas and place an equal number of Troops in their place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:
The "then" separates the two actions. So first you'll add Troops equal to Trail value + Bases. After that, then you can remove any number of Guerrillas and place an equal number of Troops in their place.

Yes, that's the rule for sure. But what's the word "added" there for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
masil wrote:
Turbine2k5 wrote:

The way I see it is that it is there to differentiate that those troops used to replace Guerillas are separate from the troops placed from the first part of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
masil wrote:
Turbine2k5 wrote:

The way I see it is that it is there to differentiate that those troops used to replace Guerillas are separate from the troops placed from the first part of the card.

Perhaps the word "additional" might have then been a better choice here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
masil wrote:
Jacovis wrote:
masil wrote:
Turbine2k5 wrote:

Completely agree, but it still works for me as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
masil wrote:
Jacovis wrote:
masil wrote:
Turbine2k5 wrote:

The player is clearer here. It simply says replace guerrillas with troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
masil wrote:
Jacovis wrote:
masil wrote:
Turbine2k5 wrote:

That's the point : using "additional" instead of "added" would be totally clear.

So, to conclude, NVA first places new Troops according to the Trail value and Bases there then replaces any Guerrillas with additional Troops.

It seems more clear on the Faction Help Sheet that sums up all Operations.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. "Added" here just means "additional". "Yet more" might also have worked.

Quote:
added
adjective
resulting in an increase in amount or number
"ever since his mother got sick, he's had the added responsibility of getting his little sister ready for school"

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
[...] "Yet more" might also have worked.

Well. I had been totally lost in space if this one has been used instead !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
"additional" would be far and away the clearest, to me.

Then "yet more".
"added" is the strangest in this context.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.