SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I watched it when it was in the cinema and it drove me mad then and it's driving me mad again, I mean I just want to punch them all in the face repeatedly, I mean it's like they're being as stupid as possible deliberately or something.

So they're in the NY Public Library and they have to keep warm so they burn the books (cue 'books are sacred' crap). So they're wheeling cartloads of books up to the fire place and burning them to keep warm.

And I'm thinking exactly the same thing I thought in the cinema.

Why don't they burn the furniture? Start the fire with some books, then burn the chair legs and the shelves. The fire will burn much longer on less work. It's so bloody obvious. They deserve to die, really they do. No, they do.

Guess the film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Google seems to think it's "The Day After Tomorrow".

The Wiki description of the plot leads me to think that I'd be better off watching virtually anything else instead. Even the Hobbit movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. I might stop watching. the effects are good, it's the bits with the stupid people being stupid that really annoy me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh bloody hell, now Dick Cheney is the President. Good, serves them right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would make a good film if someone just edited all the people speaking out of it. Just a montage of the effects.

Oh bloody hell. There's lens flare in space. I hate that. It's a CGI view of a CGI space station orbiting a CGI Earth with massive CGI storm cells and they put in lens flare to make it look real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh bloody hell. He ran in with two chairs and started smashing them up. To make snow shoes.

PUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCH
PUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCHPUNCH

edit: we don't all have to suffer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland Emmerich shake; don't get me started on him
not as bad as Uwe Boll, but close
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've turned the sound down a lot. It's much more pleasant. All I can hear them say now is "We're fuckwits. We should just die already.". That appears to be all the dialogue in the film now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
I've turned the sound down a lot. It's much more pleasant. All I can hear them say now is "We're fuckwits. We should just die already.". That appears to be all the dialogue in the film now.

Just pretend you're in MST3K when you're watching it. Make fun of it. Embrace the stupidity. You'll enjoy it a lot more. I mean, it will still be a terrible movie but you'll have more fun watching it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've learnt one lesson. If I happen to be in New York when disaster strikes, get inside the Statue Of Liberty. That thin copper sheet and ironwork can survive anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh good. It's over.

Right, return to your business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Oh bloody hell. He ran in with two chairs and started smashing them up. To make snow shoes.

Now, if he'd burnt the furniture FIRST, he wouldn't be able to make snow shoes, would he?

(I have not seen this movie, nor is it probable that I will, so I have no idea if the snow shoe guy is also a book burner...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
EYE of NiGHT wrote:

Now, if he'd burnt the furniture FIRST, he wouldn't be able to make snow shoes, would he?

(I have not seen this movie, nor is it probable that I will, so I have no idea if the snow shoe guy is also a book burner...)

Now I feel stupid.

No, wait, it's a very big library, no shortage of cane seated chairs. Probably. And he could have tied books to his feet. Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember that movie. Saw it on TV. Really awful.

I could have forgiven it if it had been a Syfy movie because they're supposed to be filled with stupid characters doing stupid things and having only a very tenuous link to pseudo-science. But I have no forgiveness for a films that make it into the theatres that are that shoddily made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
That movies was HILARIOUS.

That's your biggest problem with the movie? How about when they announced that the temperature was dropping by several degrees PER SECOND??? So like in a minute or two it would be absolute zero, but yet people are still skiing around and fighting off wolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
How about when they announced that the temperature was dropping by several degrees PER SECOND???

I thought that might come up. Yes, obviously, but that's just crappy plot-line. One must, to an extent, suspend one's disbelief even unto incredulity. The stupid people being stupid are separate from that. They hold personal culpability for their stupidity. I don't think you can blame the film-makers for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
One must, to an extent, suspend one's disbelief even unto incredulity. The stupid people being stupid are separate from that. They hold personal culpability for their stupidity. I don't think you can blame the film-makers for that.

So you're saying that it isn't the filmmakers' fault if the characters in the film do stupid things, it is the characters themselves that are to blame? I guess that this does follow from insisting on personal responsibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it falls on me and pins me underneath it, does that still count as seizing the day?
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
The character are only being stupid because the screenwriter created a script that made the actors say and do stupid things. If a movie has a stupid plotline/dialog, blame the screenwriter, not the director -- he's just doing the best he can with the script that was handed to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly you have no idea how films are made.

I'm watching another film now. Very very annoying. Why does everything have to make a noise? Every bloody thing has a noise. Even silent things now have noises. Two cars drove up towards us in the rain (yes there was light flashing to represent lightning and yes there was bloody thunder at the same bloody time to represent fuckwits who think that the sound of thunder reaches us at the same time as light from the lightning). As they got near, they both turned off their headlights. THAT MADE A BLOODY NOISE! How can a headlamp going dark make a noise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh bloody hell. Apparently, soft furnishings in an English country house are bullet proof. A bad man has just walked in firing a machine gun no less. The heroes dive over an easy chair which tips back on them. And the cushion absorbs all the bullets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh bloody hell. They've been driving for just a few minutes and went across Westminster Bridge along The Embankment (my mistake). Yes, that's right. Massive country house, huge grounds, within half a mile of the Clocktower Of The Chapel Of St James. I expect they'll pass Stonehenge in a moment as they reach the White Cliffs of Dover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh bloody hell. So she's carried in on this wooden pallet, and there's a rope around her hands and another rope around her feet. And they're all busy doing the chanting and stuff. Nobody's actually paying any attention to her. And she spends several minutes watching everyone doing the chanting and stuff. And at no point does she think, oh I'll just hop off and shuffle away while no-one's looking for several minutes.

And that thick rope. Apparently it's made of cobwebs really as a quick swipe with a blunt penknife and she's rescued.

Oh bloody hell. Now idiot man has broken the ignition key off in the starter. Of course! Why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worldwide gross

$544,272,402
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Oh bloody hell. So she's carried in on this wooden pallet, and there's a rope around her hands and another rope around her feet. And they're all busy doing the chanting and stuff. Nobody's actually paying any attention to her. And she spends several minutes watching everyone doing the chanting and stuff. And at no point does she think, oh I'll just hop off and shuffle away while no-one's looking for several minutes.

And that thick rope. Apparently it's made of cobwebs really as a quick swipe with a blunt penknife and she's rescued.

Oh bloody hell. Now idiot man has broken the ignition key off in the starter. Of course! Why not?

So, you're really in a right state, aren't you? Reached your boiling point of watching utter stupidity? Better not watch any "reality" shows. That would really get the kettle screaming.

Did you remember to take your medicine today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this ...

... at the cinema (I think I went with an ex-girlfriend + family, or my family)

And my total of films at the cinema in the 2000s are

Return of the King,This one, Narnia and Sweeny Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.