Bud Stephens
United States
Broken Bow
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My Tuscany box was dropped off today! I have the Kickstarter edition of Viticulture and I don't see any of the second edition updates I requested at the end of the Tuscany campaign. Did folks who requested the update kit get those items with Tuscany (so do I need to contact Mr. Stegmaier)? Or should I quietly await the upgrade to be shipped later?

Edit- I posted below that I later found my upgrade pack. There is done useful info about the pack in the erudite discussion below. Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was the first edition fix pack shipped separately?
My upgrade pack was shipped separately from the Viticulture & Tuscany Collector's Edition. I got the upgrade pack a day earlier along with the Treasure Chest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered Tuscany + metal coins + upgrade pack. Both the coins and upgrade pack were inside the Tuscany box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure of the details (as the EU shipment has been handled by Morning Players instead of Amazon this time), but if you have an email notification of the shipment which includes the product code, you might be able to determine what to expect.

There are 3 versions of Tuscany: one retail, without coins or such (STM300), one with the coins ("Prima", STM301), and one which includes both coins and the Viticulture upgrades (STM302). You can determine which version you have by looking near the Tuscany barcode in the outside of the box.

Collector's Editions have a STM301 inside, and base (no-coins) Tuscany pledges are STM300. So if you got a CE or a basic Tuscany, then the upgrade pack would have to come separately (as in DrCrow's case).

OTOH, if you pledged for just Tuscany Prima (not as part of the CE), you may either get a STM301 plus a separate upgrade pack, or (more likely) just a STM302, which is basically Prima + upgrade pack rolled into one (as Mr_Nuts has).

So if you have received a STM302 and no updates were included inside the box, that's definitely a mistake in the part of the manufacturer. If you have a STM301 or STM300, though, then the updates will have to come as a separate package, and while I'd expect them to be shipped together with the Tuscany box, it's not unheard of for Amazon to split shipments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brahan
United States
North Sutton
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a side note, is there a post anywhere about how to apply the first edition upgrades?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My upgrade pack was in the box with my collector's Edition (STM303)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amyandpeteb wrote:
As a side note, is there a post anywhere about how to apply the first edition upgrades?

Yup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, a more thorough explanation of all things related to US fulfillment is in KS update #39 for Tuscany, which specifically warns that it's pretty usual for Amazon to split orders in several shipments.

amyandpeteb wrote:

Besides the stickers post Mr_Nuts has referenced, you substitute the glass beads for the new, smaller ones; remove a regular worker for each color and add the Grandes instead; and swap the old versions of the revised visitors for the new ones. IIRC one of the first pages of the Tuscany manual details the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bud Stephens
United States
Broken Bow
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for everyone's answers! Last night I was getting boxes together for recycling, and the upgrade pack was sitting there on the floor of my mud room. Apparently I had failed to remove it from the Amazon box. So... That's a wrap. Good work, everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I"m sorry I've been out of the loop, but I just wanted to chime in to thank Mathew, Bryan, and andvaranaut for their helpful answers here. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.