Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By Crokinole Junior I mean a Crokinole board without the pegs around the 15 point circle. This makes for an easier game which my 4 year-old grandson and I enjoy. The usual rules apply. But, I flick my disks while he is allowed to push them. He is actually rather good at this version and it makes for a good game for us.

I made my "Crokinole Junior" board from a 24 inch in diameter circle of 1/4 inch hardboard. This has a very smooth side, suitable for playing on. It did not require any additional coatings or resurfacing.

I used a home-made "jig" of a 28 inch long and 4 inch wide board. A nail or bolt goes through the jig and through a hole in the hardboard. The jig then rotates on the axis to make a circle. The jig is used to guide the jigsaw to cut a circle out of the hardboard and (with appropriately spaced holes) to draw the circles on the board with a permanent marker. This is more fully discussed at http://www.rozmiarek.info/games/crokinole.html

Using a 1 1/4 inch hole saw (a special drill bit which cuts circular holes) the 20 point hole was cut through the board. After a little sanding of edges and cleaning, the Crokinole Junior board was ready.

I did not make any ditch or rails. We simply lay the Crokinole Junior board on a carpeted floor and play there. Thus the board is small, light, and easy to manage. The disks move quite easily on the hardboard surface, better even than the Carom/Crokinole board I already own. I can not compare it to the high priced boards as I have never played on them.

I hope you will consider Crokinole Junior if you have younger kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.