Hide
8 Posts

Bohnanza» Forums » Rules

Subject: Harvesting a single cocoa bean card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Chen
msg tools
If I am forced to harvest a single cocoa bean card, do I get the two coins listed on the card? We've been using an extra card from the discard pile in order to award two coins for the single card. But it seems too easy. Is anyone else collecting coins for harvesting a single Cocoa card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Walterego47 wrote:
If I am forced to harvest a single cocoa bean card, do I get the two coins listed on the card? We've been using an extra card from the discard pile in order to award two coins for the single card. But it seems too easy. Is anyone else collecting coins for harvesting a single Cocoa card?

You can't harvest a single Cocoa Bean. The minimum amount is 2 beans for 2 coins (3 beans for 3 coins and 4 beans for 4 coins).

Unlike most other beans, this only has 3 payouts instead of 4. I am not sure if that is the source of your confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Chen
msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Walterego47 wrote:

You can't harvest a single Cocoa Bean. The minimum amount is 2 beans for 2 coins (3 beans for 3 coins and 4 beans for 4 coins).

Unlike most other beans, this only has 3 payouts instead of 4. I am not sure if that is the source of your confusion.

I just did a Google image search and realized my edition had a misprint with a 2 coin payout for 1 coin for cocoa! Thanks for the quick reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already done so, check under the box insert. My edition (purchased years ago) had the misprinted cocoa beans in shrink with the rest of the deck, but had an envelope with the corrected cards in it.

Also, you can harvest a single cocoa bean (provided you don't have any fields with more than one bean), you just can't get any money for it.

--Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, well this makes sense. I have a fairly new copy I thought, just got it at Christmas. The person who won had 3 cocoa beans that he cashed in individually one at a time for 2 coins each, I thought that had to be broken, why ever get more than one if that's the case? Didn't think I could possibly have a misprint on such an old game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edited because I'm an idiot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you have this backwards. The misprint is the version that gives two coins for one card; it is supposed to be two coins for two cards.

No beans in the base game give you more coins than cards invested. This happens in expansions, though; in Bohnanza Ladies, for example, lady Garden Beans give three coins for two cards. The rules for that spinoff game detail how to deal with that situation, since it never comes up in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBob wrote:
Nope, you have this backwards. The misprint is the version that gives two coins for one card; it is supposed to be two coins for two cards.

No beans in the base game give you more coins than cards invested. This happens in expansions, though; in Bohnanza Ladies, for example, lady Garden Beans give three coins for two cards. The rules for that spinoff game detail how to deal with that situation, since it never comes up in the base game.

if so, it means I DID swap those cards after I bought the game, and then FORGOT!

hah - now I have a lot more editing to do..................

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.