Chris Jordan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so disappointed I missed this one! Is there anyone else out there to share in my pain?! Every now and then I go check all the KS exclusives and drool over them....then I roll up in a ball and cry for a few hours....

I have never seen a KS with so much awesomeness since...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.. I missed it after attending a friend to it and he ended up backing while I did not.

To make matters 'worse', I like the game a lot and rather had spend money on that game than on the various KS projects I was involved in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jordan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruud2009 wrote:
Yeah.. I missed it after attending a friend to it and he ended up backing while I did not.

To make matters 'worse', I like the game a lot and rather had spend money on that game than on the various KS projects I was involved in.

Ugh that's brutal. I know how that is though. I have dumped a decent amount of cash in games that I would trade in anyday for all the Arcadia Quest goodies!

Wish they would just throw us a bone and release them to the public! Maybe not all of them but some would be nice. Never happen though, it's just wishful thinking on my part

The hope keeps me going...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
platypus
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The more I look at the game (and component! Have you seen that!!! O_o) the more I wish I backed it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Leist

Hagerstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
It only $60 at Cool Stuff right now. Personally, I am glad I canceled my pledge. It looks fun, but not great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Smithfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Powerslave1724 wrote:
I am so disappointed I missed this one! Is there anyone else out there to share in my pain?! Every now and then I go check all the KS exclusives and drool over them....then I roll up in a ball and cry for a few hours....

I did back it and I have everything. I've played it and it is a very fun game. But I can say with certainty that the team you choose does not make or break it for you. Abilities feel secondary to a good strategy. And the most powerful combos of teams come in the base game, in my opinion. Also, I don't much care for all the bling of the plastic tokens. I always use the punch outs because they look better than the solid color plastic. Sure, the KS exclusive figures are cool looking and it adds some nice variety, but having that many hero figures to choose from is daunting. If you picked up the base game and Beyond the Grave and maybe the extra figures that are not KS exclusive, you would not regret it. All the KS exclusive stuff was heroes and villains. So you are not missing out on any cool gear. Don't get gouged on eBay over it. It is not worth paying triple (or more) what backers paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jordan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bertinc wrote:
Powerslave1724 wrote:

I did back it and I have everything. I've played it and it is a very fun game. But I can say with certainty that the team you choose does not make or break it for you. Abilities feel secondary to a good strategy. And the most powerful combos of teams come in the base game, in my opinion. Also, I don't much care for all the bling of the plastic tokens. I always use the punch outs because they look better than the solid color plastic. Sure, the KS exclusive figures are cool looking and it adds some nice variety, but having that many hero figures to choose from is daunting. If you picked up the base game and Beyond the Grave and maybe the extra figures that are not KS exclusive, you would not regret it. All the KS exclusive stuff was heroes and villains. So you are not missing out on any cool gear. Don't get gouged on eBay over it. It is not worth paying triple (or more) what backers paid.

Thanks for the detailed reply here. Damn marketing tactics had me all caught up in the KS campaign! Sounds like it's still a great game without all the fancy bling that came along with the KS exclusives. I have read a lot of good things about it and I will still end up picking it up.

Although the nameless campaign and guild box does look sweet! But then i'd need all the exclusives. No! I will not buy them all!...maybe just the nameless campaign...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Muehlberg
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Powerslave1724 wrote:
bertinc wrote:
Powerslave1724 wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply here. Damn marketing tactics had me all caught up in the KS campaign! Sounds like it's still a great game without all the fancy bling that came along with the KS exclusives. I have read a lot of good things about it and I will still end up picking it up.

Although the nameless campaign and guild box does look sweet! But then i'd need all the exclusives. No! I will not buy them all!...maybe just the nameless campaign...

Save yourself the expense unless you absolutely want the nameless, heartless, and faceless. The nameless campaign is quite literally the same as the base campaign. The only difference is that you swap out certain monsters for the faceless/heartless/nameless.

If you want more content for arcadia quest look into the beyond the grave expansion. It's by far a much better deal and well worth your time. Although I'm not sure if you'll find anyone willing to part with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I missed it also. I did pick up the base game for 80$, played it and love it. Then I got the nameless set for 60$, and then spent 120$ for the guildmaster KS only fig box. 120$ for it is an amazing deal and while 260$ is a lot to get what people paid 100? for its a lot cheaper then the ebayers trying to sell for 350+$ and not even offer the whole deal. I will get extra dice (you need them) and Beyond the Grave when it comes Jan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I missed this KS too . I now own AQ and love it. Plan on completing the set in the future. Check out Cmons new game on KSer right now. Like AQ comes with a heap of exclusive goodies https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/rum-and-b...
Don't miss this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osku Odi
msg tools
Opening these threads just becomes soooo expensive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJJBonez wrote:
Yes I missed this KS too . I now own AQ and love it. Plan on completing the set in the future. Check out Cmons new game on KSer right now. Like AQ comes with a heap of exclusive goodies https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/rum-and-b...
Don't miss this one

I agree with this. I jumped on Rum&Bones ks because I was so disappointed in missing out on all of the arcadia quest goodies that I said F* it, im going to back this game this game and get all of the exclusives! mwhaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Walk
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about jumping on the Rum & Bones Kickstarter as well. However, if I wanted to order 2 of everything exclusive, I would have to pay 490$.

I usually order two sets, so that I can sell one and essentially get my game for free. I was not sure about the appeal of this Kickstarter (Theme, Gameplay etc.), thus I didn't pledge. Also, finding someone who is willing to pay a freaking 500$ for one set of all exclusives for a "niche" Theme... A bit too risky...

Nonetheless, I hope the game is really good and we will see more of those skirmish minis games with "easy" rulesets. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I was also in on Rum and Bones. My thought was try it a few times and if it flops sell it all and make money. They learned though and the investment isnt worth it to resell. AQ had tons that was KS only, which made it sellable on ebay for 400+ with only putting, what 140 was it for everything? Rum and Bones your dropping 200+ to get it all.

I ended up backing out of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Panther
msg tools
Yeah I was eyeballing Rum and Bones too. Lots of exclusive figures, but nothing outstanding. And in the end it boiled down to me that the boards were pretty static state, your characters didn't really advance, game play was basic and it is a two player game that can be hacked into an up to 6 player game, one of every character and the expansions ended up well over $300. And what really killed me is as a "MOBA" style game, there wasn't equipment, there weren't upgradable skills. The gameplay videos actually turned me away more than they enticed me into that campaign too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it'll have the popularity of Zombicide or Arcadia Quest. The scale of the minis turned me off, plus the price just seemed to high for what you get. I could be wrong but I think anyone who got into it to make a quick buck from a resell will be rivet warred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sircaradoc wrote:
JJJBonez wrote:
Don't miss this one

I agree with this. I jumped on Rum&Bones ks because I was so disappointed in missing out on all of the arcadia quest goodies that I said F* it, im going to back this game this game and get all of the exclusives! mwhaha

I planned to do the same thing until I saw the gameplay video. Just a disappointing offering. This one will burn some people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that purchasing two of everything is really expensive, however you would have a mountain of stuff! Optional ad ons cost $15 for 3 minis, compared to the comon $10 for 1, which was ok. I'm sure some people will love the game and there will be haters of it too. I for one can't wait to get my hands on R&B and start hacking through countless pirates! Zombicide is the most popular cmon board game by far, although in my opinion doesn't interest me as much as AQ or R&B. That's coming from a huge zombie fan too! then again that's just my opinion, kids will keep eating up Zombicide stuff like brains for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Simon Brochu
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed it too.

I found the KS exclusive heroes on the official Arcadia Quest site.

I got the KS exclusive Nameless Campaign book but I'm missing the Nameless Campaign Monster cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.