Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

So, I just pulled this game out this afternoon and tried to set up solo campaign.

One query I have about the set up that isn't apparent in the rulebook is the following; Do you set the level one tiles (ie. central building and walls etc.) up on the main board at the beginning of the game?

The set up instructions instruct you to place your spearman (white cubes) onto the walls/towers prior to game start. Is it correct to assume that the wall and building tiles as mentioned above should start on the board?

Help appreciated or a summary sheet would be appreciated.

Regards,

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hybel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Matt,
Page 7 of the rulebook (at the bottom) describes the setup.

In short, you do not place any building-tiles or wall-tiles at setup, you begin game with a clean board.

The only 2 buildings you start with (Keep lvl. 1 + Barracks lvl. 1) are printed on the board already.

You can still place the spearmen at the Fences (level 0 walls).

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for the clarification. So effectively you are starting with Level 0 buildings and with the exception of the Keep and Barracks and them leveling them up to be level 1 and so on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hybel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, The place is basically a field! It's your job to build it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic. now to try and work out a better method of storage and box control for the game. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked the rules out again and setup on page 7 indicated that spearman should be placed on walls and towers.

If the game is starting with a 'clean slate' then what Walls and Towers am I placing these Spearmen on if there is nothing there?

Are the Spearman added to the Fortifications areas on the board regardless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hybel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, they are still placed.

The zero-level walls are called "Fence" and can hold 3 troops, but gives no additional bonuses.

On page 9 of the rulebook there is a chapter called "Construction". It shows the different levels of walls and towers, and summarizes their abilities and bonuses at further levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.