27th Passenger: A Hunt On Rails» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help with Trigger Happy skill card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Jackson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
We have just played our first game, there were three of us. On our last turn (we hadn't reached the actual final round) my wife and daughter both choose the assassination action, but my wife also played the Trigger Happy skill card allowing her to make two assassinations. As assassinations happen at the same time they ended up killing each other. Therefore we determined that my wife didn't get to use her second assassination, that would have killed me as she knew who I was. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Lizard
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stephan,

I'm afraid this is not entirely correct. I would say that "Trigger Happy" is played as follows:

Your wife writes two passengers (e.g. "Nun" and "Cardsharp") on the back of her deduction sheet. As a result, she performs both assassinations at the same time.

As players perform assassinations at the same time and your daughter also correctly takes out your wife, you all lose! meeple

Good times with the family, eh?

I really love these "Reservoir Dogs" end-scene-reenacting game endings though, it's always fun, heheh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's not obvious from the rules.
Rules wrote:
Every skill card on its top half shows the action that triggers it (e.g. the Bold Skill Card is triggered after a player performs an Assassination Action).

Do you have to play Trigger Happy before you perform Assassination? I was under the impression, that you can perform Assassination and then, if you wish, play Trigger Happy to perform an additional Assassination Action.

Same goes for Lucky - do you have to play it before you resolve your assassination or after you mess up and kill an innocent passenger?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Lizard
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarek, it's indeed a tricky matter but if you take a look at the "Skill Cards" section of the rules (page 6) it says:

Quote:
Once you perform an Action that matches the trigger of one of
your Skill Cards, you may reveal it and put it in effect
by following the instructions written on the bottom
half of the card. This is an additional Action and it
is performed right after your Basic Action.

Just to be sure though, I got the chance to ask one of the designers yesterday (regarding "Trigger Happy"), and he answered what I wrote above.

So, regarding "Lucky" and taking into account the above, the player first assassinates and then, if necessary, throws in "Lucky".

Hope I helped meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.