Pierre Paquet
Canada
Boischatel
Québec Province
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
This was our second play for this 2 players map. We appreciated our first game and as there isn't many maps for this number of players we gave it another try.

On turn 1 Pierre had the initiative and he choose loco. action and Martin took first build to block Pierre from building the Vienne/Linz connection. Instead Pierre began with the Graz/Klagenfort link. Next round Martin choose loco but Pierre took first build action and denied Martin the Linz/Salzburg link. This was a hard blow to Martin and it took him several turns to recover as he had to wait until next turn to build this link. Pierre's network was split in two but he was finally able to connect them when he urbanize a purple new city east of Vienna. On turn 5 Pierre urbanize a black new city NW of Link and he made 2 deliveries of 6 income. During this time Martin took first build to connect Innsbruck and make deliveries at 5 income. Game was close and when Martin was kind enough to push Pierre ahead of him to have a bigger income reduction, there was only a 1 points difference at this time. Last production was very important as Pierre's cities received many goods to make nice deliveries of 5 and 6 income.

Even if Martin made a nice comeback Pierre finally win the game because he had many points from his money left at the end since there was 1 point for each 20$ left at the end. Second experience on this map was great again. As in game 1 there was no room for error as in a chess play. Game went very fast even if there was many tough choices to do. Seems to have a great replayability and we'll try it again soon.

Final scoring:
Pierre: 160
Martin: 140

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good report. Anyone know where I can get this map?

Thanks,
Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If memory serves, this was one of the Winsome set from last year's Essen. Sadly, Warfrog have decided not to publish any more expansions for Age of Steam, so you'll have pry someone's hands off of one of the 80 that were made. Of course, we can hope that some other arrangement for a second edition could be reached (since I would really like to try the two-player Austria map), but I am not holding my breath...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deacondavid wrote:
If memory serves, this was one of the Winsome set from last year's Essen. Sadly, Warfrog have decided not to publish any more expansions for Age of Steam, so you'll have pry someone's hands off of one of the 80 that were made. Of course, we can hope that some other arrangement for a second edition could be reached (since I would really like to try the two-player Austria map), but I am not holding my breath...

Thanks David. It's what I thought, sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rainer
Canada
Nanaimo
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't give up hope yet... the issue of AoS expansion boards being officially published/republished has not completely bitten the dust. From what I understand, some rights issues are being settled and some new boards and reprints still have a decent chance at being produced. John Bohrer of Winsome expects to have some news after Essen this year, according to some of his posts here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Paquet
Canada
Boischatel
Québec Province
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi Andrew
You can take a look on ebay.de . Right now that's the only way to find them. But as Karl has written, you should wait for some news from John Bohrer after Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.