Michael Gurien
United States
California
flag msg tools
Does anyone know of a good storage cabinet/system for games in a garage in a temperate climate (Southern California)? I'm looking for something where the games are easily accessible (like a cabinet, not stacked storage in a container or box), but that will also offer sufficient protection.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They make those cabinets with two doors that open up with shelves inside, for garage storage ... that might work.

I know someone else will come up with a much more interesting idea that I am looking forward to seeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt tweedt
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
All my home storage is based around milk crates. They are stackable. You can easily see whats in them and they are very easy to grab and transport. Their size is absolutely ideal for most boxes, especially eurogames. I have 17 crates of games (4 for Advanced Squad Leader alone).

P.S. They are typically only obtainable behind grocery stores and the like and not sold anywhere, so I have to officially NOT advocate the theft of them. But if you can legally acquire some, they are fantastic. My closets in particular seemed to have been designed specifically to fit them; therefore, I will never move again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Tweedt wrote:
All my home storage is based around milk crates. They are stackable. You can easily see whats in them and they are very easy to grab and transport. Their size is absolutely ideal for most boxes, especially eurogames. I have 17 crates of games (4 for Advanced Squad Leader alone).

P.S. They are typically only obtainable behind grocery stores and the like and not sold anywhere, so I have to officially NOT advocate the theft of them. But if you can legally acquire some, they are fantastic. My closets in particular seemed to have been designed specifically to fit them; therefore, I will never move again.

Pics or it didn't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily in Southern California there aren't a lot of things to protect from. Big things like fire and earthquakes can't be protected by a cabinet. As for flash flood, it only happen in certain areas.

I would say just pick one that is functional and stylish at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt tweedt
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.