Subject: Abilities and the spacebar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Smith
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of questions concerning using the abilities with the spacebar.

1.Do you count all the letters in both words when the ability says "Double word score?" When counting letters for gaining the common card it appears that you count all letters in both words including the space bar. So would you count all letters, or just the letters in the word with the letter containing that ability?

2.Depending on how you score the first question may affect how you use a letter with the ability "If word is 4 letters or less, +1 cards next turn." Does the rule change with this card to mean only the "word" this letter was used in? Or does it mean that this ability is only in effect when you have 4 letters used on your turn or less?

Thanks,
Roger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
All the same word. Space counts as a letter in itself too.

Personally I'd suggest not playing with it in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat me to it Chris, but I'd agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I don't play that way. If you use the space then you are creating two separate words and so it only would apply to the world that has the double the word score card in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonicwarhol wrote:
Really? I don't play that way. If you use the space then you are creating two separate words and so it only would apply to the world that has the double the word score card in it.

Think there's an answer to this on something that was shared on another of your pages...
https://boardgamegeek.com/spsearch.php?objectid=141572&objec...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I was playing wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.