Subject: Starting point for expanded NW68 Background rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Peters
United States
Montrose
California
flag msg tools
I have mentioned in the past that I have planned to write an expanded background for NW68. I want to make this project came to life in 2015 and I am wondering what would be a good starting based on the background information from the NW68 rulebook?

David P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure what the original author/designer intends, but look up all the crazy conspiracy theories that surround SS General Hans Kammler. That would be a good starting point...

I recall the first time I heard of him was in a former Jane's Defense Weekly editor Nick Cook's book "Hunt for Zero Point". Great read if not very believable. Reads like an X-Files case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Perrella
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
with a purposeful grimace
badge
and a terrible sound
mbmbmbmbmb
Wikipedia is a decent starting point. Look up Hanebu, Black Sun, Nazi Bell, etc and follow the sources from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion Heart of Darkness has more informations regarding the background.

big_ragu wrote:
Wikipedia is a decent starting point. Look up Hanebu, Black Sun, Nazi Bell, etc and follow the sources from there.

thumbsup

Other keywords to look for:
Vril Society (Vril Gesellschaft)
Thule Society (Thule Gesellschaft)
Schwarze Sonne (Black Sun)
Nazism + Occultism

There are also many docus on youtube.

von wildensee wrote:
I am not sure what the original author/designer intends, but look up all the crazy conspiracy theories that surround SS General Hans Kammler. That would be a good starting point...

I recall the first time I heard of him was in a former Jane's Defense Weekly editor Nick Cook's book "Hunt for Zero Point". Great read if not very believable. Reads like an X-Files case.

Never heard of Kammler. Thanks for the tip!

I find these conspiracy theories very interesting in an entertaining way. :-)
A result of this is a little print and play game I design called Neuschwabenland:

There are also many conspiracy theories regarding this German Antarctic Expedition in 1938/39. A good inspiration source!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.