Subject: Aren't miniatures too flimsy to be painted ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I just thought that most miniatures from Tactics are quite slender compared with, say, Warhammer miniatures for an example. And they easily bend too. So I'd love to have nice looking colored playing pieces, but did anyone have any trouble with the flimsy parts ? Doesn't Games Workshop or similar paints crack and/or peel once players have manipulated them a couple of times ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While the quality certainly isn't up to GW standards, and the minis are a bit short on detail, the plastic holds paint reasonably well. I haven't seen any cracking on these or the very similar Reaper Bones I have painted, but then I haven't had them painted for all that long or gone bending them to try it out! I expect they should work just fine for most gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I can now start working without worrying anymore thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.