Subject: Hotel at decent price - Essen 2006 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: essen [+] convention [+] [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone's still undecided about going to Essen this year, and is considering making last-minute plans:

The Welcome Hotel Ruhr Residenz is currently €60 per night (only €53 for a single room).

This seems like a pretty good deal, judging by other comments about prices.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a myth that it is difficult to get hold of hotel in Essen. It is only a problem if you want to stay in the area close to the fair. And prices fall the futher from the fair you stay.

Your hotel looks nice and it is very close to the old city and the main railway station, which means that you will have easy access to the fair (direct subway 15 minutes) and lots of shops and restaurants in the evening. Against the hotel speaks its placement at one of the major streets, which is likely extremely busy - but you are not there to sleep, and the windows are most likely well isolated anyway, so -
you are probably well off!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anybody wants to drop me a message with their email, I will forward my spreadsheet of hotels with websites and emails and googlemap locations. You can see how close your hotel is to the actual halls.

Essen is just two weeks away, and it's not too late to go!

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm staying at the Hotel U:

http://www.bookings.org/hotel/de/u?aid=304142

It's in Muhlheim, which is about 5km away from the fairgrounds but I'm told the transit connections are pretty good.

Plus a healthy number of gamers are staying there, including a significant British contingent.

At last check, single rooms for the SPIEL dates are gone, but double rooms are still available for a rate of 69 Euros a night. So grab a friend who doesn't snore and you'll end up paying less than 35 Euros for the priviledge of a bed you won't use much anyway.

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hotel U
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=hotel+u+essen&sll=...

I didn't include this one as Mullheim is just outside the tram network.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon is totally right. Just this morning I confirmed a hotel room about a 5 minute walk from the halls -- not as cheap as these ones here, but more convenient. And last year I decided less than a week before Essen to go, posted a plea here, and got two room offers from people who cancelled at the last minute. Jon himself hooked me up with a very reasonable room right close to the halls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have made a habit of checking out hotels as we pass by them when in Essen. And we have found hotels right next to fair with vacant rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.