Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After traveling to Vengerberg, I encounter the foul fate token occupying the obstacle zone. The foul fate card is the Foul Creature, which reads, "Place 1 silver [monster] faceup in your region."

The card doesn't say to encounter the monster, but the flavor text suggests it should be encountered, "You see the creature stalking the snow in front of you. Before you have a chance to turn and run, it raises it's head and stretches it's maw filled with hideous teeth."

Sorry if I'm overlooking a rule somewhere, but encounter the monster or no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcss wrote:

Sorry if I'm overlooking a rule somewhere, but encounter the monster or no?

No. The flavor text is just for fun. By placing the silver monster face up in the region, you have followed the "rules" text on the card, which is the real effect of the card.
Note: if the card had been drawn during the action portion of your turn (for example, because you had a FF marker on one of your action choices), and you ended your turn in that region, that silver monster would then be an end-of-turn obstacle to encounter.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I felt pretty confident that I played it correctly, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't unintentionally cheating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.