Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be strange to ask this question for a cooperative game (though LotR rules were clear and specific about this kind of issue ...): does one need the other player's consent in order to move him (with Navigator, Climber, or Jet Pack)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Koester
United States
Cornelius
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought is that if this becomes an issue for your group, then maybe you need to pick a different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
... that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin-
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree it's a strange question, but I would think from a theme perspective that you would need consent. It's hard imagining forceable trying to carry someone over a sand dune or strapping them to a jet pack against their will. Just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you do yeah...can't quite remember if it's in the rules or not...I know it is in Pandemic. It'd also just be better mannered and avoid a but of the Alpha Gamer problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find anything in the rules about it.

My (strong) default position is that the player taking an action or using an active ability gets the final say on that action/ability - so, for example, the Navigator can move the Climber wherever they choose, but the Climber chooses whether to carry the Navigator with him or not.

So you don't need someone's consent to move them, but, what with the game being co-operative and all, it seems like it'd be best to ask.

It's only if you're unable to agree on the best course of action that the player directly involved gets to make the call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.