Subject: Blue Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I was out shopping at A.C. Moore and ran across something that would help with the those dark blue and black dice in the game. The only gripe I had with the game was those dice, so hard to read. I could not understand why they would do that? You need contracting colors to see them better.
Anyway I was in the pen section and ran across the DecoColor opaque paint markers. Found a white one with an extra fine point. I thought it was worth a try.
So I came home and tried it and it worked great. You have to be careful, it will spread out side the lines. What I did was after applying the paint in all the cracks I put the cap back on and used my thumb with a little lick from my tongue and wiped it. You have to keep working at it to get the paint off the cube. Using clean fingers to get the residue off or using your fingernails to rub it off the flat areas. As it dries your fingernails will scrape off the excess. It take patients working at it. You can use a toothpick also.
The paint stays mostly in the cracks and looks good. Here are some pictures to show you how it turned out. Hope this helps anybody who is frustrated with the blue dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this, they look great.

We originally were shown a lighter shade of blue when we saw the dice samples, and blacked looked fine on the dice. The final production dice had to use a different shade of blue, and we did not realize it until after the 1st print run shipped. The 2nd run will use white ink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Kaestle
Switzerland
Rueschlikon
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you sell them separately, so all the owners of the first run (like me) could buy the blue dice with white ink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Roger,

We did not order extras, as most folks of first edition used the crayon or white sharpie method above. From time to time I open up new games to replace missing items. I might be able to round up a set for you if you like. Drop us an email on our website sometime and we will try to get you a set of the new ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.