Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Smith
United States
Great Barrington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have two questions regarding the Capt Dallas card "teams of three", and combo abilities in general

1- according to the rules you must play a card with the the same crew icon to activate a different card with that same crew icon. Since this card has two crew icons for its special, I'm guessing you must play two cards previously with that crew icon this turn to activate the special on this card? I can't imagine "teams of three" would itself count as one of the icons or all the cards with single icon activation would activate themselves. Expanding on that, if I had three cards with the same crew icon and activation symbols, all singles and not doubles in this case, I'm guessing:
The first card would activate the second, and the second card would activate the third, but the first card would not be able to use its special? Since it says in the rules a card of that type must be played before the activated card.

2- My second question is on the "teams of three" special ability. It says to look at the top card of the barracks deck and if it's a character card you can take it or put it at the bottom of the barracks deck. Aren't all the cards in the barracks character cards? Is there something that can get shuffled into the barracks that isn't a character?

I'm sure I could just be missing something dumb, I've only played the game once so far, the first movie. Love the game and hope to get some clarification soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You are correct. The first card's power would not activate. The second card would use the icon on the first card to activate its power. "Teams of Three" would use the icons on the first two cards to activate its power.

2. There are some events that will add other types of cards into the barracks deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Smith
United States
Great Barrington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
1. You are correct. The first card's power would not activate. The second card would use the icon on the first card to activate its power. "Teams of Three" would use the icons on the first two cards to activate its power.

2. There are some events that will add other types of cards into the barracks deck.

Thanks, I just saw the FAQ blog posting where they addressed this card, I should have searched more thorough, but I appreciate the response. Now I feel like I understand it better with reading that and you backing it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.