Popular Tags: geekmod [+] [View All]
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't be the only person who doesn't understand why certain images are accepted and others are rejected, but this seems like it might at least help the tiniest bit without being too much work...

On the GeekMod History page (particularly for images, but could be true for all), if an image (etc.) is declined, could we see WHY the image was declined? It might help us vote better in the future if we understand why images are being rejected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with this. I have done quite a bit of GeekModding recently and it would certainly help to know how the majority of other GeekModders are guaging the submissions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I agree.

What is even more frustrating is the inconsistency. There was one picture the past week that was rejected. I accepted it because it was the only pic for that game. I assume it was rejected because it was a tad bit fuzzy.

A couple days later, it was resubmitted. Looked exactly the same. So I went ahead and went with he majority and rejected it this time. It ended up getting accepted.

It just seems whoever logs in that day is a crap shoot. There really is no rhyme or reason to it all. Clear duplicates are always getting approved along with questionable copyright issues. I am starting to loose interest in it because it just seems like people nonchalantly click approvals without actually moderating the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I agree. Explicit modding guidelines may be helpfull as well. (When is a pic too similar, when is it too big? Do we have lower standards for games with less or no pics? (I do!) etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianMola wrote:
What is even more frustrating is the inconsistency. There was one picture the past week that was rejected. (...)
A couple days later, it was resubmitted. Looked exactly the same. (...) It ended up getting accepted.

Another example : http://boardgamegeek.com/article/1112539

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.