BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: CSI approximate shipping time question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently visiting my family in Texas for the holidays, but I'll be leaving the country on January 10th. I was thinking about using some Christmas money to stock up on games, but I need to make sure they'll arrive before I leave. If they don't arrive in time, I'll be looking at really expensive international shipping, which would likely mean the games sit at my parents house for several months. Do any of you know what kind of shipping time I might be able to expect with the over $100 free shipping? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prisoner of Conscience
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
bwbollom wrote:
I'm currently visiting my family in Texas for the holidays, but I'll be leaving the country on January 10th. I was thinking about using some Christmas money to stock up on games, but I need to make sure they'll arrive before I leave. If they don't arrive in time, I'll be looking at really expensive international shipping, which would likely mean the games sit at my parents house for several months. Do any of you know what kind of shipping time I might be able to expect with the over $100 free shipping? Thanks!

Put everything in your cart, estimate shipping to the zip in Texas... and it will tell you the ETA. -- Ultimately this is the best solution. Mine and everyone's personal experiences aside, this is a pretty accurate measure.

Usually if I order on one day, it will ship 8:00pm the next day and then the shipping timetable kicks in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
I get my CSI packages in VA in 2 days. I'd imagine Texas would be 3 or 4 depending on how far west you are in the state.

You should get them with plenty time left over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the West coast, and it normally takes 8-9 days. They're doing some switching to Fed-Ex smart packages or some such with the US postal service handling the final mile. I'd make sure your order is in Sunday night so that they process it Monday morning and you should be okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Schnoor
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They ship crazy quick to me - don't know if its quicker cuz both CSI and me are both on the East Coast though. Still, the speed with which those orders ship from Florida to Rhode Island is extremely impressive - usually only takes about 4 days to get here. Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in MN, usually get my orders in 4-5 days at most. If you order today, you should be fine. That said, in your situation it might be worth expedited shipping, just to be certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie Young
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I live in CA and have gotten packages in 4 days. If you order early in the morning, they are pretty good at getting it out that day. I have ordered on a Friday and gotten packages either Wed or Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Bauer
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, took 8 days with that same free shipping to get to Washington state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LEGEND
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To South Dakota it's 3-4 business day's. I usually pay the $3.99 for same day shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of the info! I really appreciate it. I'm just waiting for one more PayPal deposit and then I'll place my order...hopefully tonight. It sounds like baring any unforseen delivery issues, the package should arrive with plenty of time to spare. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my games delivered to either Massachusetts or New Hampshire and it generally takes about 3 business days either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again! Just placed my first order and the delivery estimate is this coming Friday, January 2nd. That gives me a full week of buffer for any potential delays. I'm excited to have a stack of new games to try in 2015!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again! Just wanted to check back in with my results. I've been away from my in-laws' place (where I was having things shipped) until tonight, but when I arrived I was told that the box arrived on Friday as scheduled. I opened the box and everything looks fantastic! So happy that I decided to go through with my order and looking forward to playing some great games this year! Thanks again for all of the help and info!

**EDIT** Also, I tossed 1 booster pack of Marvel Dice Masters onto my order to push me over the $100 mark for free shipping. Opened the pack tonight and pulled a super rare Emma Frost! My CSI order just keeps getting better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.