Thurn and Taxis» Forums » Rules

Subject: please help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sandro Blasich
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,
I've just got the game and there's just one thing I don't understand and that I've not found the answer here. So, If I am the first player and I've just made a route of seven cities and the game finishes, can the other player who's got six cards for example and doesn't have the card to make the seven cards route and can't use the carriage because he already used another help that turn, can he make a route of 5 cities/cards so that he can put houses on it and have less minus points in the end?Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When one player has either obtained the Coach 7 card or places the last of his or her Branches on the board, the game ends, however the current round is played to its end. (All players must end the game with the same number of plays, taht's what the first player marker is there for, for players to remember).

During that final round, players are able to do exactly the same things they did the entire game. Same actions and same constrains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right.

Thus, if the player who triggers the end of the game is in turn order after the player with an incomplete route, the latter player cannot finish that route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4docich wrote:
can the other player who's got six cards for example and doesn't have the card to make the seven cards route and can't use the carriage because he already used another help that turn, can he make a route of 5 cities/cards so that he can put houses on it and have less minus points in the end?

On your turn, you must always take a card then play a card before you have the opportunity to (optionally) score your route. If he is able to add a card to his route on his turn, he can then score it, as long as it contains at least 3 cards. (You may score any route of 3 cards or more at the end of your turn, regardless of whether it gets you the next carriage.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that isn't clear in the OP -- are you doing the carriages in order? A 7 route (or Cartwright-ed 5/6 route) only ends the game if you already have the #6 carriage.

No matter how the game ends, everyone will get an equal number of turns. If someone goes out, that person and everyone who preceded them in turn order are immediately done, with no more actions taken whatsoever. Those after them get another turn. So if player one ends the game, three people get one more move. If player four ends the game, it just ends immediately after his/her turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, the answer to your question is no. That is, you can't go "backwards." I think it should be stressed (as two people have already said), that during the last round, the rules are exactly the same. Quite literally the only thing that changes is that the player who caused end-of-game round gets that extra bonus point. But otherwise exact same rules. And what you describe cannot be done at any point in the game.

The rules do not need to state this because they specifically say what you must, and can, do on a turn. You must take a card. You must add to the route you already have, or discard it. So if this person already had 6 cities down, they either have to add a city or discard the route. Being the last round is not relevant to this... if the rules don't say the last round is different, it's not.

I too have a question about whether you're following the carriages in order? Having a 7 route is not a game-end trigger. Having the 7 carriage (after doing 3-6 in order) is the game-end trigger. I'm not sure if you stated that incorrectly, or have that rule wrong.

By the way, watching out for end-game is critical in this game. I know you just got the game, but that is a good learning experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.