Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I read on their webpage that they expected to get the game on Oct 4th.

Does anyone know if that happened? And if so, when are they shipping? How long does it take to clear customs from Canada to the US?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, it hasn't shipped yet. Rik has been posting periodic updates in the forums on this topic, and I believe the official word was that they expected to get it this week since it cleared customs, and they were going to start boxing them up and shipping out, with a mid-October delivery date expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One can hope they will grace us with a "It's Here!" message, followed shortly by "We have serious paper cuts from shipping to you!" messages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a mail that I got from Rik today, they are unpacking everything in the warehouse right now. It sounds like good news

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All I can hope is that it arrives before our next gaming session in November. And mental note for next time...just wait until the "next big thing" arrives in the stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
stampeder17 wrote:
Now I can't wait for their next game that they are releasing (sorry I am not allowed to say, but it is a good one).

You mean you already know the game to be released after Big City?
Take a peek at: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/127611

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any news on shipping copies yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the preorder shipping period has started. This is not an official announcement just yet, as I have not had this information confirmed. I do not know how long it will take to ship all the preorders, but as you know, preorder customers are first in line to have their shipments sent out.

I will try to confirm this as soon as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any news Kevin? My window for playing this with the "all over the province" crowd grows near.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone received their copy yet? I'm starting to get a little antsy as their website hasn't been updated since October 8th. I know I've read somewhere on the Boardgamegeek site that the games are in their warehouse, but nothing official.

If anyone could give an update I would appricate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told via email they should have started to ship out preorders on Friday from Georgia (for US orders)

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's kind of unfortunate that they have to have an "unofficial" spokesperson to keep us in the loop. I mean, we who pre-ordered only helped fund the printing of the games...who are we to ask if we're going to get our copy or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An UPDATE:

US Customers should expect the game in/on their mailbox/front porch by approximately Thursday of this week (the 26th).

Valley Games has utilized a third-party distributor for US customers. This distributor reports that as of today, all US preorder customers have had their orders shipped. Since the shipment will originate from within the U.S., this will minimize shipping times.

For Canadian customers, not to worry: Canadian preorder customers have had their games shipped in a batch quantity to the Valley Games office in Alberta. From here, these games will be sent to their appropriate destinations. This shipping method was used in order to avoid customers needing to deal with hassles of customs/duties/delays etc. An exact delivery date is unknown at this time, but will be updated as soon as possible.

International Customers will be sent out promptly. I believe these will be sent out directly from the Valley Games office in Canada, but I will be double-checking this information shortly. Your copies will be sent out at the same time as Canadian orders, and shipping time will vary by location.

Any questions? Anything I missed mentioning? Please post your comments/questions here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiyote wrote:
It's kind of unfortunate that they have to have an "unofficial" spokesperson to keep us in the loop. I mean, we who pre-ordered only helped fund the printing of the games...who are we to ask if we're going to get our copy or not?

*sigh*

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/118749

In short, if you ever need help with a question or concern, I'm just as suitable as emailing Rik or Torben directly.

And yes, all preorder customers will receive their copy (Please cut and paste this last bit as much as necessary).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kevin, I just wanted to thank you for doing an exemplary job of keeping us in the loop with what little information could be had. I can only hope that Valley Games will thank you in some meaningful way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome. I hope the information is useful to a few people, at least.

As far as direct communication via the Valley Games website, the primary reason for the slowdown in info has been the updating of the website. I know it is being overhauled in the midst of all the other projects they are working on. Communication will get better once the website is complete (as well as a streamlined preorder process!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Ray
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My distributor announced today I'll have it in my store on 10/30, which means it should be available in stores everywhere on that date. You'll want to pre-order it, if you buy it brick-and-mortar. My guess is most store managers won't order it if they haven't done the research.

Valley Games ***10/30 STREET DATE***
VLY001 Die Macher $49.95 SRP ____
Lead your party to election victory in this new international edition of the political party game Die Macher! Die Macher is about 7 sequential regional elections which set the parties up for the final National election to decide who will rule in Bonn. As a player, you are the leader of a major political party with certain policies that make up your political platform. Party meetings just be organized, a shadow cabinet put together, media control must be bought, coalitions formed, compromises negotiated and other campaigns sabotaged. The most important tool for all this is money, but cash is very limited and an election campaign is very expensive. The player with the most victory points wins!

--gary

Black Diamond Games
2989 N. Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94597

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary,

Excellent, it looks like everything is going to plan then. We were expecting a U.S. store shelf date of the 30th, and it looks like that will, in fact, be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyman Hurd
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife just informed me that my copy has arrived. I cannot wait to get home! So, as one data point, a copy has made it to Atlanta, GA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Lau
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in CA received it yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus A. Perez
Spain
Madrid
Móstoles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many time we will wait the europeans players to get one?

Thanks

PS. I want a copy of Die Macher, I want a copy of Die Macher, I want...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Mikulaschek
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FedEx just stopped by and dropped off one BEAUTIFUL copy of Die Macher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amikulaschek wrote:
FedEx just stopped by and dropped off one BEAUTIFUL copy of Die Macher.

I got mine too (Richmond, Va).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got mine in Holland, Michigan.

I haven't had time to do anything other than pull off the shrink wrap. First impression: this is a really nice box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.