Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Fox
United States
Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, I am trying to play through all the villains of Sentinels so I can at least say that I have experienced all of them. In doing so, I ran into something interesting, and while I did search the forums, I didn't find any answers of even questions about it.

We all know there are a couple versions of the Matriarch. My friend has the original deck where all the fowl cards have "When a fowl card is played, play the top card of the villain deck."

I looked at my deck, and noticed that the above sentence wasn't on the cards but on Matriarch's set up card. But here is the question....

Why is the above sentence on her "normal" set up card, but not the over sized card? I bought the over sized cards, as they were a bit easier to deal with. Is it that the over sized cards were printed after the first run of Rook City? Or was that fowl ability removed entirely to make her easier to contend with?

Mind you, with out fowl ability on the cards, and her over sized not having it... that makes her A TON easier!

Thoughts? Did I miss something? Am I an idiot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a change in the placement of that sentence to make the interaction with Expatriette's Hair-Trigger Reflexes work right. But the over sized cards were printed earlier, and don't have the change.

There are some other misprints on the over sized cards. In all cases, the small cards are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Fox
United States
Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... I should use the small card's text when playing with the oversized card... since I have the new deck.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.