Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the expansions offer extra standard action spaces, but playing just the base game I wonder if having one random building already in play would add variety and options to the game?

I am mainly thinking about 2 player games with the base game. Maybe it would be slightly friendlier? Maybe it's a pointless idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't added any extra buildings for a two player game. But if you want to try to make a two player game friendlier, remove the mandatory quest cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
achasteen wrote:
I guess the expansions offer extra standard action spaces, but playing just the base game I wonder if having one random building already in play would add variety and options to the game?

The starting expansion buildings are all equivalent in reward to the standard spaces. Purchased buildings give a better benefit, but are tempered by the owner getting a benefit from others using it. Without that, the new starting building will always be the best choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RupertG
Australia
Hornsby
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
A podcast with a handful of nerds talking about nerdy stuff... (but mostly roleplaying games)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ngwilliam wrote:
We haven't added any extra buildings for a two player game. But if you want to try to make a two player game friendlier, remove the mandatory quest cards.

I'd have to agree here. The base buildings are more than enough to get started with in a 2 player game. Mandatory quests, however, can be brutal in a 2P game. If you're looking to make the game a bit easier/friendlier, that's where I'd start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Removing the Mandatory quests makes it a solo race.

They can make the game much more emotional especially when given in the first or last rounds.

Increasing the starting meeple count also makes the game easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Panda ThatsMe
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I would recommend giving players a building to start with, as the 'builder' Lord would get an advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I didnt want to waste the time to take out basic cards when playing with both expansions so I did this to balance that some new Lords rely on new cards.

-Played with 3 paired of buildings. If you buy one its pair is discarded replaced by a new pair.
-Kept out 6 quests
-Started the game with 4 Quest and Intrigue, keep two discard two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.