Subject: Card Designs for the official Campaign mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I got a reply from Ignacy on my card designs and he is happy to give permission to use icons / part of the cardframes from Imperial Settlers.

This will allow me to upload my card designs soon. At the moment I'm revisiting all files, because I got better fonts / sizes / layouts in mind. In my first draft the cards weren't even aligned to be cut easily And didn't use layers in the image software so that it was a nightmare to edit.

This is the first finished page of the rework:

Please let me know if you have any suggestions so I can think about working them in.

Artwork

The user
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

provided me with free to use artwork, but... I like the deviantart ones so much more But it will be difficult to get permission from all those artists and would be alot of work for me alone. So I could do a version with his pictures just so there would be anything on the cards at all.

The user
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

suggested to me to use the community for artwork.

If you all would be willing to provide artwork that you could see on one of those cards - either by drawing them yourself, finding free to use artworks or getting permission from artist to use their work I would be happy to work them in.

Either way I will upload a blank version of the cards so everyone who wants to can use them as is or fill in their own artworks for their personal use.

When I'm finished with the blank version I will try to find my own sources for artwork that can be used freely - if you have any to show me until than I would appreciate it

----

But for now - let me know if you see something on the cards that needs changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm done with Provinces and Achievements.

Now I'm working on Events... there are sooooo many.

If you want to provide Artwork for them aswell.. feel free to do so

As soon as I'm done with the Events without Art I will upload the cards. This will have to wait till tomorrow though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look cool and I am looking forward of using them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shake

I'm done... all cards are redesigned, proofread as much as I can (you get blind for your own errors ).

And the even better news is, that I found a great source for free Artwork. www.openclipart.com - clipart sounds bad, but look at the cards first:

I'm not completly happy with all of them - but I wanted to finish the Achievements so I could show it around - please let me know if you find a better picture for any of the cards.

I'm starting at the Provinces now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Provinces done:

I don't like the Great Plains at all - but couldn't figure out a good way to do it with the other parts I had. Will have to look into that more.

I have updated the Event cards to be big cards too. Here is an example of the 1st Event Category:

Don't know about the artwork for those yet. There are quite a lot.

*EDIT* Cards are uploaded:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/111809/imperial-settlers-s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for all your effort David!

For the Wild Forest Province Card perhaps shrink the clip art a bit so that it doesn't overlap with the green banner.

A lot of that clip art actually suits the cartoon theme of the game way better than some of the "better" art. Well done Sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartlomiej Dziegielewski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi!
Please note that Portal shared some HQ files (template) to make your own cards. Unfortunately it is on their polish web page, but template is in english.
card templates

Using this I made achievement cards in polish looking like this (without any artwork yet):

Of course you won't find a template like this in those files, but if you are familiar with Photoshop you can do anything with this. You can for example replace your scanned elements.

Regards,
Bartek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also denoted it at the files, but maybe it would de an idea to also denote the goods of the production cards at the bottom of the card (like deals). Then it would be easier to put them on each other. (I guess that when you take a production card you lay it in front of you to keep track of your productions).

In this way you can stack them like deals, which is more convenient. Especially, because all the production cards do not have any other text or additions stated on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the link to the templates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
These are brilliant! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robinson Crusoe
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the template set, I've made a set of cards for the achievements. I intend to do the events and provinces too.

I think that having only one image for the set eliminates the issue of needing to find clipart/stock images which don't have a consistent theme.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would also work and adds to simplicity, but nice card designs are also cool (although a lot harder indeed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work!

My only suggestion would be to use larger font sizes for the text.
This has been the biggest problem with the base game; the crazy small font sizes. It's bizarre that there is SO much empty space on the cards and the font is SO small it's difficult to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

Hey Robinson Crusoe. Any update about your version of cards? They look awesome!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robinson Crusoe
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kompan wrote:

Hey Robinson Crusoe. Any update about your version of cards? They look awesome!!

Finished them, (I think!) geekmail me if you want more details!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robinson Crusoe
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's the provinces and events card artwork!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools
... and here is a whole deck. Thank you again Robinson!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathien Flameheart
Slovakia
Senica
flag msg tools
Hello,

did you finish those Settlers solo game cards? I'd be interesed in thse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robinson Crusoe
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NathienSk wrote:
Hello,

did you finish those Settlers solo game cards? I'd be interesed in thse.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116204/campaign-cards-alt...

yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for test
backgroud images are from magic the gathering

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.