Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: ccg [+] [View All]
Bruce Saburn
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Within the next month there will be 2 ccg games for the PSP released. Marvel trading card game (Vs. System) and Warhammer: Battle for Atluma (War Cry). I'm gonna get only one of them, but which? Any insight, suggestions, pros, cons or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarcophilus Harrisii

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmb
Both look interesting. I suspect Warhammer appeal to me more but I'll wait for the reviews first. I don't think either will be released in the near future. Gamespot has the Marvel game coming out at the end of December and the Warhammer game has a November 7th release but no screen shots or previews. It could easily be pushed back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vs. System for PSP? Swoon!

Of course, this means I'll need to get a PSP. Darn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond J Dennis Jr
United States
Meredith
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are also releasing Vs Marvel for the PC and PS2. So if you don't have a PSP don't worry. Marvel is everywhere these days. I hope they do DC Vs too. First i heard about the Warhammer one. I'll have to check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After searching a bit, I see that Marvel Vs. is also coming out for Nintendo DS (and PC, as mentioned).

Frank, I was mostly joking. Nevertheless, many of the video games I find most enjoyable (especially in the mobile format: GBA, Palm, etc.) are boardgame- or cardgame-esque. It's the gameplay that's important, not the graphics. It doesn't matter if the platform's capabilities are "under-utilized" because they're "only" showing pictures of cards.

Vs. System is an excellent CCG, and it'd be a lot of fun to explore it thoroughly without having to constantly buy new cards. (Nevermind that you could buy many cards for the purchase price of a PSP or DS. Obviously, the PSP/DS would have other upsides.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Unless you can play against the computer, I still don't really get it tho.
I mean, it's not like cards aren't portable already! Playing with a PSP would just seem fiddley to me.

Well, yes. I haven't actually done the research, but I'll pretty much guarantee that it'll have an AI to play against. That's the point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.