Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lewandowski
United States
St. Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the Egypt game last nite and have played many other versions. A rule question came up, which would apply to any of the Catan games where you use the roles...
I had 4 'knight' down and used the role where I gave up one to build cheaper. OK

Since no one else in the game was going for knights... we wondered... could I give up another knight on a later turn to build cheaper and keep the largest Army? The Largest Army bonus cards says "The first person to PLAY 3 knights" It says nothing about keepting them.

ALSO If I earned the largest army with three, and then someone tied me (I keep the Largest Army) and then I use the role to give up a knight to build cheaper... the card's wording implies that I keep the bonus.. someone has to Play a knight to beat me....

This may have been covered in another post on another Catan page but I did not want to search through all of them and thought I would ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To hold the largest army card, you need at least 3 knight cards and the majority. When you give away a knight and have not at least 3, the largest army card is lost.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Weber
msg tools
My opinion is...as long no one else has 3 knights you can keep it, but if someone else plays a third knight and you now have LESS than that because you'd "spent" them, you lose it. But that's just my opinion. And as long as you all agree to the rules in advance, I'd say play the way you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.