Subject: Sidekicks/burst questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Anderson
United Kingdom
Ilkley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
A couple of clarifications needed for a new player (Me and my daughter LOVE this game so far!!)

1) Several cards refer to 'characters' (for example give one character +1A for this turn), are sidekicks 'characters'?

2) Burst abilities triggered by the stars/asterisks on the power dice (the ones with the exclamation marks on). When you roll a star, can it be ONLY used to trigger the burst ability from the associated 'colour' power (ie if its a green dice, it can only be used with the power on the green dice card) or can it be used to boost anything? For example one of the beast powers can be boosted by a star but the beast dice itself does not have any stars on (I don't think?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. FIELDED sidekicks are characters.

2. Bursts only affect the characters or actions to which they are linked. Beast DOES have a burst on the die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Anderson
United Kingdom
Ilkley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Beast dice do have a burst, on the level 1 face.

I think you're being confused by the bursts being 'triggered'. It's really just a way of making particular dice faces do something a little different to usual - you don't 'use' a burst, as such, it's just that if a face with a burst is rolled, extra things may happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.