Popular Tags: [View All]
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I'm playing music from a playlist in the normal way, and in "portrait" orientation it shows me the cover of the album, the title of the song, volume, time played, etc., in the normal way.

When I shift to "landscape" orientation it shows me a completely unrelated artist -- not in the playlist, nowhere close alphabetically -- and has the EXTREMELY annoying habit of switching to one of these songs while I'm trying to put the unit into my pocket.

Anybody know what the iPhone thinks it's doing? And how I can make it stop?

Thanks, dibs, whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It looks like it's all of your albums in alphabetical order by album name. If you click on one you can select tracks from it. That must be happening when you put it in your pocket. Can you turn off your iPhone first? (Not a full power down, just press the top button.) I don't see any option to turn it off.

Edit: You can swipe to the left to see the rest of your albums while in that view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not showing me all my albums. It's showing me one album, one that begins with an A, but the 29th album alphabetically in my list.

I want to continue playing from my playlist while putting the unit into my pocket. Somehow I don't think powering down would facilitate that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you have headphones (or an aux jack) in, or are linked to a bluetooth device, the phone can power down and still play music from the playlist. I'm not sure if it works if you are using the built-in speakers, but it probably works the same way.

Edit: not really "power down," which is a complete shutdown, but just turning off the screen by clicking the top button once (not holding it down)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Check to see if it's set to shuffle a playlist when you shake the device. If it is, try turning it off and see if that resolves the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I find that I can press the "top button" (which on my iPhone 6, as I happen to know because it was mentioned by one of the teenagers in the house this week, is on the side), and that turns off the screen and the playlist keeps playing. This seems like it will serve as an effective work-around to keep the rogue album from appearing on screen.

I still don't know what the device thinks it's accomplishing by interrupting my music with an unrelated picture which gives me the wrong music if I touch the device inadvertently in a way that is all too easy to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does locking the orientation into portrait-mode stop it from happening when you rotate to landscape mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is U2 the offending band? That might explain a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ssmooth wrote:
It's not showing me all my albums. It's showing me one album, one that begins with an A, but the 29th album alphabetically in my list.

I want to continue playing from my playlist while putting the unit into my pocket. Somehow I don't think powering down would facilitate that.

If you click on that one album cover, while the phone is oriented sideways, it should go back to showing all your album covers in alphabetical order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple knows what is good for you. Don't question it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.