12 Posts

Archipelago» Forums » General

Subject: What's the Volcano tile for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears to be a bit useless, but it's got a volcano on it! I was hoping for something in the rulebook about it but there isn't anything.

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Delmeby
Sweden
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
It appears to be a bit useless, but it's got a volcano on it! I was hoping for something in the rulebook about it but there isn't anything.

Eco

There was a scenario based around the volcano published in the French magazine Ravage (http://www.trictrac.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=116332). Been trying to get some info about it for some time without success. If anyone knows anything about the rules etc I'm dying to learn more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys,

I should try to translate that scenario to English and post it for you here on BGG when I can find the time.

Enjoy the game !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Boelinger wrote:
Hello guys,

I should try to translate that scenario to English and post it for you here on BGG when I can find the time.

Enjoy the game !

Yes please!

Edit: or post it in French maybe someone else can translate it
Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denizen M
Scotland
EDINBURGH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was for an alternative starting tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakyninja7nz wrote:

The alternative starting tile is the desert looking one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakyninja7nz wrote:

New alternate game, play starts on the volcano. At the end of every turn on a roll of 1 or 2 on a d6, it rolls lava out to a random tile destroying everything in it's path. If the tile is already destroyed, roll for a random tile attached to the previously destroyed one.

Edit: Bonus points awarded to player who makes best sound effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kabutor wrote:
Chris Boelinger wrote:
Hello guys,

Enjoy the game !

Yes please!

Thx

Yes, you are right. I did post it under the file section of the Archipelago page on BGG In French. It's Just plain text, a word document. So probably somebody Will have the Time to translate it before I can find the time to do it.
I think it may be waiting for approval by the webmasters.

Anyway, I wish you all a very happy new year and many good games, including this scenario maybe.....

Enjoy !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Delmeby
Sweden
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Boelinger wrote:
kabutor wrote:
Chris Boelinger wrote:
Hello guys,

Enjoy the game !

Yes please!

Thx

Yes, you are right. I did post it under the file section of the Archipelago page on BGG In French. It's Just plain text, a word document. So probably somebody Will have the Time to translate it before I can find the time to do it.
I think it may be waiting for approval by the webmasters.

Anyway, I wish you all a very happy new year and many good games, including this scenario maybe.....

Enjoy !

Happy new year and thanks for the file

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Erwin
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've translated the scenario from French to English and submitted it to the Admins for upload to the file section. Here's the text in the meantime:

-----------------

The Worshipers of the Volcano God.
An Archipelago scenario for 2-5 players
Christophe Boelinger

Setting up

Use the volcano region as a starting area.

Each player starts with two citizens and only 5 florins.

Do not place your citizens in the volcano, this area can be used later (see below).

There is no Turn Zero initial exploration.

Reveal a Trend Card.

Each player draws a secret objective card, as in a normal game.

You start with three unemployed workers available in Table IV since there are three huts on the volcano area.

Your sharp eyes will notice 3 natives praying before an altar of flame at the foot of the volcano. These details are important for the future as they could protect you from the impending cataclysm.

Special Rules For the Volcano Area

The Great Iron Mine!
When the volcano is not erupting it is a great iron mine.

During Phase 5, where a player uses the action "Harvest Iron”, they can send a non-engaged citizen to harvest two iron resources on the volcano. He symbolically places his citizen on the lava of the volcano.

It is not possible to perform this action if a citizen is already placed in the lava.

This action does not work if the volcano is going to erupt this turn or if it erupted during Phase 6 of the previous round.

During the disengagement phase, remove any citizens in the lava.

Harvesting Iron from the volcano can be done in addition to any other iron harvest throughout the archipelago.

The Volcano Rumbles!
When this specific red crisis event occurs [“-1 rebel / temple”], resolve it.

After resolving the red crisis, the volcano starts to rumble. It will soon erupt. The people are afraid and request the clemency of the Volcano God. There is still time to make offerings to appease his wrath. It's time for sacrifices!

Sacrifices!
Starting with the first player in the order of play, each player may sacrifice a cattle resource to the Volcano God to protect all the citizens of a single hex region.

He can sacrifice more cattle if he wants to protect several areas.

All sacrificed cattle come from the screen of the player concerned.

All the sacrifices go to the bank.

If there are no rebels in these regions, players will sleep the spared citizens so that the Volcano God can recognize them during the cataclysm to come.

Each player can also discard a cattle resource for each building he wishes to protect.

Once each player has had the opportunity to make his offerings to the Volcano God, the cataclysm begins!

Cataclysm!
The Volcano God is incarnated by the first player!

The epicenter of the cataclysm will be in the volcano area itself. In this area all citizens are supposed to die.

The only citizens that will be spared are those under the protection of a sacrifice.

The Volcano God must eliminate one citizen of his choice (from those not protected by a sacrifice) from each region adjacent to the volcano.

If in one adjacent area, all citizens are protected by a sacrifice, then no one dies.

Damage to Buildings
On the volcano tile itself, all unprotected buildings are destroyed.

In each region adjacent to the volcano, the Volcano God can destroy unprotected buildings of his choice.

Ships are not affected by the disaster.

Endgame
When the game ends, if it does not end with the war of independence, if a player controls a town on the volcano area he earns 3 more VP.

Each player who controls two or more people on the volcano area gets 1 additional VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Delmeby
Sweden
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gildedrain wrote:
I've translated the scenario from French to English and submitted it to the Admins for upload to the file section.

That is great! I've only downloaded the file and been pondering if I should bother some of my French co-workers or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used it a couple of time a few days ago as a starting tile, like desert but starting with 3 surplus workers. The most interesting thing is to explore looking for rocks!!! My wife and I enjoyed it a lot.
Recommended.
I dind't know about this official rules, we are going ti try it tomorrow.
Thanks!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.